Gibson Brands Forums

Loop Station

Lammas Day

Hi Guys,

I'm really into looping at the minute, I'm using the loop feature on my ME-70 - it's good, but you only get about 40 seconds of loop time, and it relies on hitting the pedal at just the right time to record/over dub, and the worst bit is that you (or me) screw something up on the 5th overdub you're doing there's no way of deleting it or un-doing so you have to scrap the lot and start again.

I've been doing a bit of research and see that Boss do their RC series Loop Stations.

Although at the minute I can't tell the difference between RC-2, RC-20XL, RC-3, RC30, RC300, RC-50 (any more?!)

Has anyone any experience of these loop stations - can anyone comment on features and value for the differing price tags?

AND (as often happens) can anyone recommend any different makes?

I've had a RC-2 for about 4 years. I have always liked it. It's always worked well with no problems.

If something ever happens to it, I wouldn't hesitate to get a RC-3. [thumbup]

A friend of mine has the big Boss one, very good, stereo, reverse play etc but a bit of a learning curve. The one that really interests me is the Boomerang which looks just as good, better in some ways and possibly easier to use. I think Digitech also does one.

A friend of mine has the big Boss one, very good, stereo, reverse play etc but a bit of a learning curve. The one that really interests me is the Boomerang which looks just as good, better in some ways and possibly easier to use. I think Digitech also does one.

I have the Digitech Jam Man Solo, great pedal, though I don't do a lot of overdubs (use it mostly to record rhythm for practicing leads, or to run songs to learn off computer or iPod). So, I'm not that well versed in how it works, but I think most of these pedals (the lower Boss RC's too) will have the same limitations about not being able to remove the latest dub. I could be wrong though, even about the one I own!

I recently acquired a BOSS RC-20XL. I love it. It does take some time to learn but such is life. I tie it in with a Roland GR-55 with an electric guitar, and with the 2nd input, I plug in a classical guitar and use it to tap out beats and a bass line. Then overdub with the Les Paul. Its a bit on the tap dance side when performing, but audiences love it.

Archived