Gibson Brands Forums

Looking to sell SG

cdp

Hi. I was hoping you guys can give me an idea on how much is a reasonable amount to sell my SG for. Also, maybe you can identify the exact year. I think it's a '98 or '99. It's in good condition. Very minor little scratches. The serial number is 92608485. Thanks a lot.

7161948443_af1200c6c2_m.jpg

7347158190_37f6fe7dc3_m.jpg

The serial number format is consistent with a serial number from an instrument built in 1998. Blue Book Publications has a Blue Book of Electric Guitars which would be helpful in determining an asking price. Back in 1998, the MSRP for an SG Special was $839. Today, the MSRP for an SG Special with gloss nitrocellose finish is $1399. You might want to check eBay to see what people are paying for similar models.

Thanks, Bob. Surprisingly, not finding much on eBay to compare. Local guitar shop offering $250 cash or $320 store credit but that seems very low.

The serial number format is consistent with a serial number from an instrument built in 1998. Blue Book Publications has a Blue Book of Electric Guitars which would be helpful in determining an asking price. Back in 1998, the MSRP for an SG Special was $839. Today, the MSRP for an SG Special with gloss nitrocellose finish is $1399. You might want to check eBay to see what people are paying for similar models.

Archived