Gibson Brands Forums

Chet Atkins SST Help

TxMagik

I need to date a Chet Atkins SST so that I can attempt to find a transducer replacement for it. Is this forum the proper place to post this question? It is a custom shop edition marked K 039.

Any help is appreciated.

Gibson Nashville might have what your looking for... Have you asked Customer Service? it wont be the last time they issue this style of Guitar..

Called them, emailed them...got a list of parts dealers in reply, with no mention of the age , model, or pickup...so far...some emails have gone unanswered, so maybe someday...

I now have ID'd the guitar as a CEC model (wide neck) and found a post in another forum where a poster says he has a CEC he bought new in 1982 with a serial of K 047, and since mine is K 039, it's a pretty safe bet mine was made in 1982 as well (but one can never tell with gibson numbering...chuckles). Also in the ask henry forum, I found info from henry himself that states gibson did not make any replacement pickups for the guitar, so I will have to do some kind of aftermarket upgrade to keep the guitar electric.

Oh well...

Archived