Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD!!

Bryan Sutherland

She arrived yesterday!!! Perfect right out of the box, no issues... I'm 3 for 3 with Gibson!!!

05a23323.jpg

Swapped some of the plastic bits, still not sure if I want to add a black pickguard or not...

LesPaulStandardTradPlus2.jpg

LPStandardTradPlus1.jpg

Not shown in the pics are the tuners... swapped out the Kluson's for some Grovers. Can't stand the 'plastic' look of the older-style tuners...

Played a little last night, will try to get some playing time in tonight... will definitely break her in right over the weekend!! It actually weighs less that my Studio Bonamassa, which was a bit surprising. This guitar just feels right in my hands, just like the Studio JB does.

You Copy cat [biggrin]

Welcome to the "Dark Burst" Club [thumbup]

I must say that I did take some inspiration from your guitar!! What amp do you use??? Haha...

It was a toss-up between Desert Burst and Heritage Cherry... I'm very happy with my decision!!!

Gonna spend the weekend putting it through its paces... Cheers!!

I use a Blackstar HT-5, I do plan to get a Fender Blue's Junior also

PS My nylon saddles arrived [biggrin]

I have a Blackstar HT-20 combo, and a Fender Deluxe Reverb RI... Brilliant minds think alike!!!

I took your advice from a previous post and top-wrap the strings over the talpiece on all of my LP's. I do think it makes whole-step bends a little smoother and easier, can't say whether or not in enhances the tone or not though...

I will most likely change the pots and caps in the Trad Plus (got a set of Luxe BumbleBees and some CTS 500k pots at the ready), but want to get a little more playing time with it first. I am already in love with the 57 Classic in the neck, haven't had a chance to wail with the bridge pickup yet.

She arrived yesterday!!! Perfect right out of the box, no issues... I'm 3 for 3 with Gibson!!!

05a23323.jpg

Swapped some of the plastic bits, still not sure if I want to add a black pickguard or not...

LesPaulStandardTradPlus2.jpg

LPStandardTradPlus1.jpg

Not shown in the pics are the tuners... swapped out the Kluson's for some Grovers. Can't stand the 'plastic' look of the older-style tuners...

Played a little last night, will try to get some playing time in tonight... will definitely break her in right over the weekend!! It actually weighs less that my Studio Bonamassa, which was a bit surprising. This guitar just feels right in my hands, just like the Studio JB does.

Beautiful guitar. It's just me, but I would have left the cream plastic on along with the pickguard because I rest my fingers on it when I play. Again, JMHO, love the looks either way...NICE LP [thumbup]

Beautiful guitar. It's just me, but I would have left the cream plastic on along with the pickguard because I rest my fingers on it when I play. Again, JMHO, love the looks either way...NICE LP [thumbup]

I agree, it's a beautiful guitar, but I like the way it came out of the case. My plan is to get a '12 Standard soon. I know the top will be beautiful, but I want a player, so the pickguard will go on immediatley so I don't himhaw about it.

WOW!!!! Congratulations!!!

That is just one VERY sweet looking LP in my favorite burst finish. [thumbup]

That's not just HNGD, that's an awesome HNGD!

Yep, I get a huge smile on my face everytime I walk into my guitar room!! She sounds sweet, feels great, and looks fantastic. My iphone camera doesn't do the guitar much justice...

Beautiful guitar you have there. Congrats!!

I would have left the pick guard on, purely because it looks stunning in that first picture, but thats just down to preference.

Hope you enjoy your new Traditional, amazing guitars....

• 2 weeks later...

The switch to black trim looks so much better IMHO (see my other thread, just switched out the trim on my LP Studio). Loving the black speed knobs too.

I could go either way on the pick guard (as long as its black).

Very nice [thumbup]

Beautiful guitar you have there. Congrats!!

I would have left the pick guard on, purely because it looks stunning in that first picture, but thats just down to preference.

Hope you enjoy your new Traditional, amazing guitars....

Thanks, just put in new caps, loving it more and more every day!

The switch to black trim looks so much better IMHO (see my other thread, just switched out the trim on my LP Studio). Loving the black speed knobs too.

I could go either way on the pick guard (as long as its black).

Very nice [thumbup]

I almost put a black pickguard on it, but thought I might get blasted by Garry Moore Tribute (member here) for copyright infringement!!

I have a Blackstar HT-20 combo, and a Fender Deluxe Reverb RI... Brilliant minds think alike!!!

I took your advice from a previous post and top-wrap the strings over the talpiece on all of my LP's. I do think it makes whole-step bends a little smoother and easier, can't say whether or not in enhances the tone or not though...

I will most likely change the pots and caps in the Trad Plus (got a set of Luxe BumbleBees and some CTS 500k pots at the ready), but want to get a little more playing time with it first. I am already in love with the 57 Classic in the neck, haven't had a chance to wail with the bridge pickup yet.

ha Blackstar and a Gibson do seem to work nicely together

I have the HT-5 combo and the Series One 100w Head, I switched from Marshall never looked back [thumbup]

The Blackstar replaced my Marshall Class 5... they are truly fantastic amps!!!

the Blackstar guys were engineers at Marshall too but Marshall wanted to stay with tradition (ha Vintage modern is traditional?)

all us Blackstar players could have still been Marshall devotees

Archived