Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

IrishPeacock

I have been reading posts here for a bit but this is my first post.

Actually the NGD was a couple day ago but I had to clear her up a bit and put some new EB Slinkies on her. It's a 2006 and in really good shape, a couple of pretty tiny dents but I could not be happier with it.

I have wanted a SG for a while and when this one came up used I jumped on it. It even came loaded with Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAF's. I had an Epiphone a long time a go, and it was ok, but now I know the big deal about a Gibson. It complements my 2 Strats nicely.

photo11.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo13.jpg

So far I really like them.

They are crystal clear when you back off a bit but can also produce a nice vintage drive sound if you push them. They are also very responsive to pick attack.

The one thing I would caution is that they have a significant treble-y voice, particularly in the bridge position. It is just different than what you get out of most modern pickups which have a heavier sound.

Very Nice! [thumbup] Is it a bit darker than standard Heritage Cherry or is it the lighting? In some of the photo's it looks like the one Bob Weir played in the early 70's (almost a Bing Cherry not a Heritage Cherry [biggrin])

HNGD to you.

Aster

Very Nice! [thumbup] Is it a bit darker than standard Heritage Cherry or is it the lighting? In some of the photo's it looks like the one Bob Weir played in the early 70's (almost a Bing Cherry not a Heritage Cherry [biggrin])

HNGD to you.

Aster

It does seem a bit darker than the average but I think the light has something to do with it as well. When I bought it, the dude's house had very bright lights and it didn't seem as dark but it really seems to change based on the room you are in.

Archived