Gibson Brands Forums

Favourite guitar?

FenderGuy1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the ones in my signature... Seriously, it varies, but if you want a generic answer, I'd have to say Stratocaster too (had 4 others in the past, planning to buy two more this year, so by far the one I've owned the most of).

But I do like my Les Pauls too...

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

IMAG0385.jpg?t=1335973798

I am very lucky to have lots of really nice guitars - Gibson, Fender, Squier, Rickenbacker, Jackson, Gretsch, PRS, Epiphone - some vintage, some old, some new-ish.

No way could I ever pick a favourite....

but, when I am in the studio with my guys and we want to quickly run through a song, I find that I grab my '62 telecaster custom more often than anything else. Without really thinking about it.

Only yesterday my drummer was remarking on how (with regard to sonic palette) that tele covers all the bases - and he has pretty good ears. Plus, it plays itself....when I tried it in the shop I knew I had to buy it there and then - or rather, my wife had to buy it for me there and then...... (told you I was lucky!)

Manse

My 1991 SG Jr. Reissue. "made at the Nashville Plant, TN, USA October 23rd, 1991 Production Number: 171"

I love that guitar. October is my favorite month of the year too - kind of like fate.

When I got it, the original owner had already converted the P90 to an old 80's Gibson PAT# stamped covered humbucker (which I now have in an '06 SG Special). I put in the Gibson Tony Iommi signature pup, the mirror pickguard, Gibson TP-6 tail, Schaller strap locks and the Schaller nickle plated truss cover.

sgjr.jpg

Guest rogerb

Mine of course is believe it or not, THE STRAT!

It's usually my latest purchase. In this case the Les paul 50's tribute goldtop with p-90's.

It's usually my latest purchase. In this case the Les paul 50's tribute goldtop with p-90's.

Love mine! Just wish you guys hadn't done the 60's Tribute right after, sorta took the wind out of my sails for selling the second one I picked up [laugh] . 2nd Gold Top, still new in box & unplayed... fabulous guitars though!

My 1991 SG Jr. Reissue. "made at the Nashville Plant, TN, USA October 23rd, 1991 Production Number: 171"

I love that guitar. October is my favorite month of the year too - kind of like fate.

When I got it, the original owner had already converted the P90 to an old 80's Gibson PAT# stamped covered humbucker (which I now have in an '06 SG Special). I put in the Gibson Tony Iommi signature pup, the mirror pickguard, Gibson TP-6 tail, Schaller strap locks and the Schaller nickle plated truss cover.

sgjr.jpg

Wow!! Beautiful.

For versatility, my favourite is my 2011 Gibson L6S (2nd from the left), and for its distinctive jazz and blues performance I love my 1985 Weimann Blues Bird (1st from the right) the most.

Perhaps soon a 1970s Gibson L6-S may lead to a change in my personal favours.

post-43982-075755900 1339365924_thumb.jpg

For versatility, my favourite is my 2011 Gibson L6S (2nd from the left), and for its distinctive jazz and blues performance I love my 1985 Weimann Blues Bird (1st from the right) the most.

Perhaps soon a 1970s Gibson L6-S may lead to a change in my personal favours.

nice rack!

Archived