Gibson Brands Forums

Who has a cat at home?

FenderGuy1

I don't have cats, but I have two dogs, and they're the best!

Morgan doesn't dig the loudness (although she seems to dig "Rock And Roll Crazy Nights"!) of my musical endeavors, but my other one, Milo, loves it!

He's a Canine headbanger!

I've got two at home. One who's mission in life is to make sure me and my wife never get a good night's sleep and another who's pretty cool, but has a bad habit of sinking her claws into you're skin when you hold her. Sh'e not being mean, I think she sees it as affection....ouch....

We have a surrogate cat in our family; Lola. She's a 'Tuxedo' model (all-black with white paws and chest).

She lives two doors away but comes 'round every morning in time to see Chloe before I take her to school. Chloe, that is. Not Lola.

Sometimes she stays for a few hours; sometimes a few minutes. Sometimes she pops back several more times; sometimes we don't see her until the next morning.

She's a bit 'Persona (Felix?) Non Grata' at the moment as she's desperately keen to eat the three blackbird chicks nesting in a tree in our garden. Last year she got two out of three...

P.

Hello! I have two dogs: mother and son. The male is 6 years old and loves music. Often falls asleep in front of my amp when I play. He also sits in front of the radio and listens to it. Loves Vivaldi's "Spring" and an unknown to me female blues/jazz singer. Cheers... Bence

We own a teacup poodle (yeah yeah, laugh it up. I wanted a husky personally but my mom had a little more leverage over the choice 10 years ago) and I can't say she's a fan of me playing in the house. She doesn't mind acoustic playing and will often come poke her head in or fall asleep to it. Loud electric playing however usually sends her running under my parent's bed. When she's had enough she'll actually come in my room with the sad puppy eyes and whimper until I stop, at which point she'll walk over to her little bed and collapse in relief.

hahaha my cats are feline head bangers too!!! the way my cats react to the music is funny, Even with Voodoo Chile!!!

Morgan likes to thump her tail to the music. She prefers blues-rock stuff, but she thumped to Rush "Red Barchetta" (which is my ringtone AND ringback!) one time....

When Milo was just a tiny puppy, I was writing an old-school thrash type tune (early Metallica kind of stuff) and he seemed to dig it!

That proved he was a headbanger!

Both of em' are KISS fans! Catdog and Spacedog!

Well, fans of early KISS (albeit original KISS....) and Ace Frehley solo stuff.... We're Dressed To Kill!

My three top names for Milo when we found out we were going to get him were: Yngwie, Ace, and Bytor!

I had a cat that would come running and mewling whenever I attempted to open a gig bag. I couldn't do it quietly enough. Then she'd howl at me until I sat down with one of my basses. She'd hop up on my lap and proceed to vigorously rub the neck with every part of her head, purring like crazy, while I strummed the open strings. I'm sure she thought the bass was purring and was as happy to see her as she was it. Feeling those vibrations really got her going - it was something to see. We got her as a kitten and had her for 16 years. Truly one-of-a-kind and still missed. That's her in the pic.

Of the two we have now only one shows any interest - it’s more like curiosity and passes quickly.

Archived