Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar tuner swap

Killing Is Heroism

Hey guys! So I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded that came with the Gibson Deluxe tuners. I need new tuners (1 broke) and I'm looking at the locking tuners because I have a set on another guitar and love them. Anyways, the kind I want are Grover Roto-Grip 502c (something like that) and the pegholes required are 13/32" or 10mm. What is the peghole size that the Gibson Deluxe tuners make? I don't want to do any modifications or drilling at all. Did it, hated it, and this is a Gibson so there is another reason for me to not want to do so. I would be okay with different screw holes, but I don't want to drill for the pegs.

Hey guys! So I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded that came with the Gibson Deluxe tuners. I need new tuners (1 broke) and I'm looking at the locking tuners because I have a set on another guitar and love them. Anyways, the kind I want are Grover Roto-Grip 502c (something like that) and the pegholes required are 13/32" or 10mm. What is the peghole size that the Gibson Deluxe tuners make? I don't want to do any modifications or drilling at all. Did it, hated it, and this is a Gibson so there is another reason for me to not want to do so. I would be okay with different screw holes, but I don't want to drill for the pegs.

I like to keep my guitars stock because of the Mojo.

The only thing I have considered is changing the open back Martin branded tuners on my HD28V (grover or gotoh) to Waverly. Expensive open back tuners that are a direct replacement with no mods. This way you can go back to the originals and not actually mod your instrument.

On the other hand if this is your main gigging instument and a work horse do what you need to do to make it work for you.

What is wrong with your "broken" tuner? Maybe it just needs a small adjustment.

i agree with cowboybillybob

i have changed tuners but always the same aesthetics (14:1 to 18:1) i dont believe you can get Kluson style locking tuners but a set of TonePros Kluson II's with 18:1 gear ratio's are amazing and a direct replacement to the Gibson Deluxe 14:1

im also about to change my 335's Stock Grover 14:1 tuners to the Grover 18:1 again same aesthetics but more reliable and stable especially as my guitars are workhorses

answer to your question, yes the Kluson style and Grovers are different sized posts

Archived