Gibson Brands Forums

The next generation are coming

Rabs

Most of them are playing Strats. That's not a good sign. Probably means the apocalypse is coming.

Half and half... the first two were Gibsons.... :P :)

(but then they have many years to develop better taste yet, and at some point realise they cant be Jimi ;))

Impressive. Ray Goren was my personal favourite. I hope they stick at it, they'll all be very very tasty players when they're older.

Ray was my favorite of these too. Seemed the most confident and most skilled. Really got some feeling across, and the vocals weren't bad either. Once his voice changes and he matures a bit, I'd expect we'll see lots more from him (6 to 10 years from now, he should be touring, I'd go see him if he comes around here). Heck, I'd go see him now if he came around!

Guess everyone has to start somewhere. You bicycle does not still have training wheels on, does it?

Really? Yeah, you must be right. Starts are garbage. Jimi, SRV, Clapton & Beck all have/had no clue...

Thanks for saving me the money. I'll go sell mine off to some sucker now, before they find out too! [flapper]

Really? Yeah, you must be right. Starts are garbage. Jimi, SRV, Clapton & Beck all have/had no clue...

Thanks for saving me the money. I'll go sell mine off to some sucker now, before they find out too! [flapper]

Jack White has done some amazing work on a fiberglass mail order novelty guitar that does not intonate correctly. See my point?

Jack White has done some amazing work on a fiberglass mail order novelty guitar that does not intonate correctly. See my point?

On a similar note, if you like Jack White then at some point you have been like "damn that fuzz sounds sweet" and it was a Big Muff.

The only Strat player I can think of that I like is the dude from Built to Spill, but realistically I've probably loved lots of music that was made on a Strat. Still not gonna buy a Strat.

Archived