Gibson Brands Forums

Band Names?

J.R.M.30!

Why "Two Many Kittens", the name does not have a musical reference in it and it's vague at best, plus people will think it's a run-on sentence and not a band title. :-k

That's ok if you don't get it. You see, in my day, punkers were heavily into irony and dry humor. Kittens are not very scary, in fact they're very cuddly. Punkers liked things to be hard and sharp, like safety pins in the ears and real Mohawks (not the modern day Faux-hawk). So you see, if there were too many cuddly, happy kittens around it would make a real punker uncomfortable.

And did you just bring up Grammar in a band name? What the hell is that all about? BTW, I wrote "TOO" not "TWO".

And obviously you've never had a good band name ripped off from you, there's nothing more irritating than some loser taking you band name. If that happens after you've established your band you can fight for it, if some loser steals your band name before you establish the band, you're assed out of luck.

I guess people are to into to conserving their ideas for such kind of thought. I find it to be a good topic as there are no wrong answers to this question! =;

And yet, your previous reply incinuates that his "Too Many Kittens" is wrong. Hmmm...

My answer"? The Beatles. Or maybe just "Beatles". Too soon?

Snowblind, Friends Of The Family (that's my band!), Sugarbear, Lighted Nite, The Revolutionary Cornflake, Lynx, Hounds Of Baskerville, Mystery (it can be Glam, Pop, or Prog!), Rash, Fractured Mirror, The Putrid Family (MAD Magazine!), Phewgutive (again, MAD!), The Culprits, The Magic Fuzzboxes, Great White Man Powder, Wicked Witch, Oz, Wizard (Glam or Prog!), Winged Monkeys, Mean Greenie, I got lots of em....

And for a Rush tribute band: Signals X-1! Or The Analog Kids......

And obviously you've never had a good band name ripped off from you, there's nothing more irritating than some loser taking you band name. If that happens after you've established your band you can fight for it, if some loser steals your band name before you establish the band, you're assed out of luck.

Get that **** trademarked.

Ben Dover and Seymour Butt...just say it out loud a few times and see the looks that you get.I've been wanting to give a band that name for years.

You missed another for your collection. Jacket off. You're welcome.

And obviously you've never had a good band name ripped off from you, there's nothing more irritating than some loser taking you band name...

[lol]

True story. In 1977 my drummer, bass-player and I (we were all between 15 and 18 years old) joined with a keyboard player and singer and started to think of a name. We liked three-letter ones like Yes, ELO, ELP and so on and, eventually, we came up with 'Sky'.

A year later, in 1978, that absolute bloody 'loser' of a classical guitarist John Williams joined forces with two more no-hopers, Herbie Flowers (once of T-Rex) and Frank Monkman (ex-Curved Air), and nicked our name!

They, of course, being such smart-alecs had the nous, contacts and, well, musicianship to actually release a record or two - meaning they, the parvenu's, could hold a better claim on the name.

B'stards!

Then that Complete Bloody-No-Hope-Loser-Tosspot (ermm....alledgedly) Rupert Murdoch starts his worldswallowing multi-media Empire...........

Sometimes just one "Harrummmmphhhhh!!!!!!!!!" doesn't suffice.

P.

[lol]

True story. In 1977 my drummer, bass-player and I (we were all between 15 and 18 years old) joined with a keyboard player and singer and started to think of a name. We liked three-letter ones like Yes, ELO, ELP and so on and, eventually, we came up with 'Sky'.

A year later, in 1978, that absolute bloody 'loser' of a classical guitarist John Williams joined forces with two more no-hopers, Herbie Flowers (once of T-Rex) and Frank Monkman (ex-Curved Air), and nicked our name!

They, of course, being such smart-alecs had the nous, contacts and, well, musicianship to actually release a record or two - meaning they, the parvenu's, could hold a better claim on the name.

B'stards!

Then that Complete Bloody-No-Hope-Loser-Tosspot (ermm....alledgedly) Rupert Murdoch starts his worldswallowing multi-media Empire...........

Sometimes just one "Harrummmmphhhhh!!!!!!!!!" doesn't suffice.

P.

LOL, that's a great story, but I was talking about someone you know steeling the band name and using it to actually compete with the band they stole it from. Which has happened more than twice to me in the last 20 years.

Ben Dover and Seymour Butt...just say it out loud a few times and see the looks that you get.I've been wanting to give a band that name for years.

Ben Dover was already an acrobat from the 30's. He was a survivor of the Hindenburg Accident.

Good names for my band would include anything having to do with railroad stations or trailer parks or drinking or crime.

Sidetrack, Abandoned Spur, The Crossties, Ten Ton Coal, Whistlestop, Wheelhouse Breakdown, Derailment

Rickety Porch, The Permanent Foundations, End of the Road, Ticks and Prickers

Four Fight 'Shine, Fresh Run, Drinkin' n' Drivin' (good for a two man show)

Five to Ten, Tier Two to Tango, Good on Paper, Shoulda Woulda & Coulda

My rap personna is D Minus.

Archived