Gibson Brands Forums

Band Names?

J.R.M.30!

My band shared practice space in a large building with another band,we had the upper floor and we were called Altered State they had the lower floor.They never played out and werent very good so in fun we used to call them the Cellar Dwellers.Wow just thinking of the good old days of paying $75.00 a month for a large room to practice in any time,24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Guest rogerb

I am playing a weekly bluegrass gig. One of the players asked if the band had a name to which I replied no. He said we need to come up with a good name. I said how about HEAVY MEADOW. [rolleyes] That's now the band name.

I was thinking about a jazz/cabaret band led by "Tuck C. Doe and his Satin Slippers". If the gig was in the 'Low Rent' neighbourhood they could, of course, become "Taxi, Dough and the Sittin' Slappers".

I am playing a weekly bluegrass gig. One of the players asked if the band had a name to which I replied no. He said we need to come up with a good name. I said how about HEAVY MEADOW. [rolleyes] That's now the band name.

[thumbup]

I like it!

P.

Well.. If you want to pack a place, How about: Free Beer! [rolleyes]

Taken! I've seen them, sort of half rock/classic rock, half comedy act (okay, maybe just a touch of comedy). Entertaining, but despite the sign out front that did indeed say "Tonight, Free Beer", they didn't pack the house.

How about some more funny names.... post 'em if you got 'em

The last trio I played in wanted us to be named the Threeskins. [thumbdn]

There was a local band here called "Emerson Bigguns" [rolleyes]

There are prolly a dozen good ones in Spinal Tap - maybe "Armadillos in our Trousers" for starters. [biggrin] Or there's always "Love Pump" or "The Saddest of All Keys"

How about some more funny names.... post 'em if you got 'em

I would like to be in a prog/metal band called Ringbinder. The singer would wear a cloak and read lyrics off a clipboard while I stagger about in clouds of dry ice bumping into Marshalls and tripping over enormous pedalboards.

When that stiffs I want to join a wedding/function band called the Clarion Superbs.

Finally I will play Sunday lunchtimes in a pub jazz group called the Max Jobsworth Combo...

A friends band is called Meninpause. All over 50. Been gigging for many years together and came up with that moniker a few years ago.

Now that I'm over 50, I'll get to play a set with them this summer.

It will be my first time playing to a paying crowd.

Archived