Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG 61 Reissue - Treble Bleed

r167

Hi guys,

I just ordered a Gibson SG 61 Reissue and I'm looking foward to getting it.

I was wondering if Gibson factory install the treble bleed circuit, whereby when you roll back the volume you don't lose any treble frequencies. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I just ordered a Gibson SG 61 Reissue and I'm looking foward to getting it.

I was wondering if Gibson factory install the treble bleed circuit, whereby when you roll back the volume you don't lose any treble frequencies. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

no they dont install that, its a pretty easy mod to do as it contains adding a resister in the circuit by both volume pots

Does that make the guitar extra trebly, when turned all the way up? If not, it sounds like a great idea. Most of my guitars loose the high end when you roll back the volume.

No, it shouldn't make things trebly when turned up.

Does that make the guitar extra trebly, when turned all the way up? If not, it sounds like a great idea. Most of my guitars loose the high end when you roll back the volume.

It doesn't affect the treble when the pot is at full volume, it counteracts what you've said, it gives you high end when you roll the volume pot back.

Why Gibson don't fit them as standard is a complete mystery, it would cost half a dollar per guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to put these on the volume pots in one of my standards when I took out the BurstBuckers and put in some Duncans.

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/PMT-VTREB/V-Treb-Variable-Treble-Bleed-Circuit-For-Guitar-Bass.html

It's very easy to do, and this option offers an adjustable trim control, which allows you to adjust it precisely to your personal liking. Prior to doing this, I wished I'd never done the pickup swap out. I have mine set to just about the midway point, the results were pretty significant for me, it solved my problem.

edit:

"Does that make the guitar extra trebly, when turned all the way up? If not, it sounds like a great idea. Most of my guitars loose the high end when you roll back the volume."

Not at all, when the volume control is dimed, all the frequencies pass through, it's only when you roll back the volume that you will start to hear a loss in the high frequencies. When you adjust the setting for this particular add on, you set the guitar volume to around 6 or so then tweak it till you got the results you want.

Archived