Gibson Brands Forums

Blues King case (again)

craig_no

There have been a lot of discussions here about the Blues King gig bag issue. I recently saw the "Guitar Center exclusive" L-00 Pro (http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Small-Body/Gibson-Acoustic/L-00-Pro/Specs.aspx), with a Gibson hard-shell case with the usual blue lining. Seems very close to the Blues King. Why is this not a case you can order from Gibson? Is there a slight difference in specs between the Blues King and L-00? I have come close to buying a Blues King, but backed off because of this issue (price vs. value). Or am I missing something?

If you get the one with the gig bag and like the guitar, you end up finding a case. I had a couple rather unsatisfactory classical guitar cases. They often fit a bit tight and have a way of self destructing from air travel. I finally got a Gibson case from a board member. So take that into your budgeting or whatever - you need a case for this guitar. (Hint hint, Gibson...)

Yeah, if you get a dealer to order a L00 size guitar for you, they can order a hard shell case for it. I've done that recently. Only a $40 upgrade. The L00 Pro you saw is a GC exclusive and the specs are on the Gibson site. You'll see the specs are the same, size wise and material, for that and the BK. The two have different appointments and different finishes.

Difference in sound and playability are subjective .... ya have to play them both to determine which you like.

AS for price vs. value, that too is subjective and subject to market forces beyond one's control. I've had a BK and enjoyed it but upgraded to a L00 TV special ordered by a 5 Star Dealer. That has been a great value for me in that it provides a great sound in a small blues package.

Archived