Gibson Brands Forums

gibson guitar case

blindboygrunt

Gibson dreadnaught cases are $150 on musicians friend - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/gibson-case-for-j-45-acoustic

And that's a pretty standard price. There are cheaper non-Gibson branded cases out there for around $90-$100, but I haven't looked at them. I bought a standard Gibson-branded J-45 case from MF (about $150), and when it finally came in, six months after I ordered it, it was just fine. Don't know why it took so long, but I did finally get it.

Fit was perfect, although I haven't really used it, as I got a custom G&G Cali Girl case about the same time.

You sometimes find fairly good deals on ebay, but of course you have to be sure of the model number you're buying to know if it will fit your guitar.

I also bought a TKL professional case (about a $300 case) for my L-7 from Amazon for about $180. Once again, you have to know model number on the case. And an Epiphone 335-style case for my ES 335-12 for about $125 from Guitar Center. Perfect fit for the ES 335-12, thanks to the longer headstock area to accommodate the Epiphone headstock. Case was Asian made (Epiphone, after all) and stunk a bit of glue, but construction quality was OK, although I'm not a fan of cat-fur linings.

Archived