Gibson Brands Forums

What cabinets can I use for valve jr?

I am confused about this speaker OHM thing. I have an 8 OHM output and all of the cabinets I see that I want are 16 OHM. Can I use them or not? If not what would be a recomendation for a cabinet I can use that is on the cheap? Thanks for all of your help.

I am confused about this speaker OHM thing. I have an 8 OHM output and all of the cabinets I see that I want are 16 OHM. Can I use them or not? If not what would be a recomendation for a cabinet I can use that is on the cheap? Thanks for all of your help.

I also have a Valve Jr....I have the matching cab....( packed up right now ).....Stick with 8 ohms......The best value is at Zzounds; JCA125 1X12 for $150....

Ther are also BlackHeart 1X12 cabs for the same price.....Check online for used cabs as well....Sure, yeah, most are 8 ohm cabs, so, you'd have to buy

an 8 ohm speaker to put in it.....I can give speaker brand/type advice as well.........

• 2 weeks later...

I have some speakers, 12" in 8 and 16 ohms.

They are used, but perfect. Just broken in!

I can make a panel on the back so you can use two 16ohms at 8ohms.

I also have some epi vj cabs, and a Kustom cab I'd part with.

speakers vary but all eminence.

you can't run an 8 and a 16 at the same time, but with the jacks wired right, you can

run two different cabs together if both spkrs are 8 or 16 ohms.

I love the Eminence Wizard with a vj.. it's just HUGE and the voicing is really right.

Archived