Gibson Brands Forums

Soft creamy OverDrive?

Andrew Riggs

I wish I had enough money for the g2d cream tone! That and the analogman tone king are my dream pedals!

They have the "Prince of Tone" in stock........$136.00..........

I'm sorry the "OCD" didn't work for you.............Most folks either love 'em or hate 'em.........

I'm a fan of the OCD, but I don't have one.

Check out the plain ol' TS9 Tube Screamer from Ibanez. No mods, no boutique, just the "plain Jane" pedal. And remember to be easy on the controls (I'd suggest the Drive control around 10/11 O'clock).

Click Here. Horse, meet water. Do what you will.

I wish I had enough money for the g2d cream tone! That and the analogman tone king are my dream pedals!

My advice is to just buy one. By the time you've spent money on 3 pedals you don't get on with you might as well have got a Creamtone (or whatever) in the 1st place.

I used to teach guitar and occasionally I would come across this - "I'd like a real Strat/Les Paul/Tele/335 but I'm not/will never be good enough to justify it".

To whom? A courtroom?

My answer is that we all only have ONE life. Why wait?

I bought my Creamtone direct, it was a factory 2nd.

http://www.g2d.co.nz/main.php

As for amp tone, either use the additive principle - start with all the tone controls at zero and bring 'em up one by one; or subtractive - turn tone controls full up and roll off bit by bit until you get a good sound. Also experiment - what does your amp sound like with the tone controls all at the full, minimum and halfway settings? Also try this; hit an E chord and adjust the tone controls. Then do the same with an A and a D chord. Just sit down with it awhile and familiarise yourself with the possibilities a bit more.

Andrew. Hold it. Reset your brain.

The best overdrive sound you can get is from your amp. So the first thing to do is find the sound you want using your amp and then go from there. You'll never find a pedal that sounds as good as the amp.

Archived