Gibson Brands Forums

Who needs guitar anyway?

Searcy

Weather Report...the greatest...Miroslav, Alphonso, Jaco, Victor...all Mysterious Travellers...

I saw them many times and was fortunate to meet Zawinul twice. Totally inspiring music.

Guest farnsbarns

Guitar players are worth a dime a dozen. I know this is a guitar forum, and I love playing guitar, but it's true.

Ya know what, I've recently made contact with a 30 something drummer, I haven't met him or heard him play yet. One thing keeps going through my mind. Why n earth is a drummer of that age advertising for a band? I have an open mind but I can't help thinking it. You see ads put up by guitarists everywhere but no drummers.

Ya know what, I've recently made contact with a 30 something drummer, I haven't met him or heard him play yet. One thing keeps going through my mind. Why n earth is a drummer of that age advertising for a band? I have an open mind but I can't help thinking it. You see ads put up by guitarists everywhere but no drummers.

Maybe he's a drummer that's not a "drummer", geddit?

My jazz piano teacher used to make me practice playing Jaco bass parts with my left hand and then freestyle solo on top of that with my right. I practiced that till my fingers fell off. I definitely learned a lot though. [thumbup]

Archived