Gibson Brands Forums

Mods to My LP Studio

Vega1

Bought this Iced Tea burst LP Studio Deluxe 50's in February and planned these mods all along. Finally got them done and I am so happy. Words can't express how happy I am with this guitar in general... playability, sound, looks, quality. Just awesome. And now with the mods its just perfect for me. Love it!! [love]

So I thought I'd share, sorry for the poor photography, it really doesn't do it justice. Original on the left, with new mods on the right. I added p/u covers and changed the white trim to black. Just so happy. [cool]

7388773950_c24e9f7d11_b.jpg

7388772566_712352bc6d_b.jpg

7388775930_b0b96e351e_b.jpg

I like your modded look better than the original.

Nice job. . B)

Hello BigKahune,

Nice looking guitar, I too like the changes. How do you like that model? Does it have a good 50's style neck? Considering getting one for myself.

Thanks and good luck with it!

Glenn

Nice looking guitar, I too like the changes. How do you like that model? Does it have a good 50's style neck? Considering getting one for myself.

Thanks and good luck with it!

I like it very much actually. When I bought it in February I played over a dozen different LP models including Studios, Standards, and a Classic Custom. I like the 50's neck very much, really comfortable to play and I preferred it immediately over the 60's necks. The baked maple fretboard is great, no issues with it at all. I also really like the coil taps as well, provides some really nice versatility.

So yes, while I would recommend anyone go and play one before buying if possible, (the difference between even the same models was drastic) I would highly recommend this guitar to anyone. Based on the fit & finish, sound, playability, versatility, price, looks... this was a fantastic purchase for me and I have no buyers remorse whatsoever. My only issue was the lack of pickup covers and white plastic trim (which I hate), and now that's fixed. [thumbup]

I like it very much actually. When I bought it in February I played over a dozen different LP models including Studios, Standards, and a Classic Custom. I like the 50's neck very much, really comfortable to play and I preferred it immediately over the 60's necks. The baked maple fretboard is great, no issues with it at all. I also really like the coil taps as well, provides some really nice versatility.

So yes, while I would recommend anyone go and play one before buying if possible, (the difference between even the same models was drastic) I would highly recommend this guitar to anyone. Based on the fit & finish, sound, playability, versatility, price, looks... this was a fantastic purchase for me and I have no buyers remorse whatsoever. My only issue was the lack of pickup covers and white plastic trim (which I hate), and now that's fixed. [thumbup]

May have to get me one and do some of your changes!

Cheers

Glenn

Archived