Gibson Brands Forums

You say it's your birthday -

E-minor7

Heard a few album excerpts. Youch! Boxers seem to know when their time is over, musicians keep punching. Paul could have hung up the gloves after his second solo album (guess I have to add an insincere IMHO).

Have to add...I almost fainted when my AARP mag showed up with Paul on the cover. Freaky...I can vividly recall laying on the rug, elbows on the floor-chin on hands, next to my big sister in front of the TV, '64 or 65, watching the first Ed Sullivan appearance. My life was altered forever, and so was my parent's. Sorry, Mom and Dad.

Hey, Em7 and jedzep, 70 is the new 50. At 65, that must make me the new 45.

I remember the first time I heard the Beatles, and Dylan, like it was yesterday. Now, if I could just remember where I put my glasses........

Hey, Em7 and jedzep, 70 is the new 50. At 65, that must make me the new 45.

I remember the first time I heard the Beatles, and Dylan, like it was yesterday. Now, if I could just remember where I put my glasses........

Seems like a lifetime ago to me. But I had a good day, I actually found a pair of glasses that have been eluding me for about three months and strung up a guitar without the end of the B string going into my finger.

70 is the new 50 - I like that one about as much as the suffering builds character thing.

70 is the new 50 - I like that one about as much as the suffering builds character thing.

Suck it up, ZW. It's better than the alternative.

(I still stick the B string through my finger, after about a thousand string changes. That sucker can hurt!)

I hurt myself today; to see if I still feel.......

Yeah yeah yeah 45nick, that's the spirit. Tell you all what, , , !?!

In 10 or 15 years time, age over 50 won't be counted at all. And I don't mean by you old-boys as a result of fading memory – I mean out there in reality/society.

We – not least the women – will simply abolish calendar-age as something less important and dated.

"Carry all ages."

. . . . E-minor7 (since he saw his 75 grandpa play pool with the enthusiasm of a teenager almost 2 decades ago)

Heard a few album excerpts. Youch! Boxers seem to know when their time is over, musicians keep punching. Paul could have hung up the gloves after his second solo album (guess I have to add an insincere IMHO).

Have to add...I almost fainted when my AARP mag showed up with Paul on the cover. Freaky...I can vividly recall laying on the rug, elbows on the floor-chin on hands, next to my big sister in front of the TV, '64 or 65, watching the first Ed Sullivan appearance. My life was altered forever, and so was my parent's. Sorry, Mom and Dad.

My mom and dad would be sorry if I insulted someone on their birthday. They raised me with the old adage that if you didn't have anything nice to say, don't feel compelled to have to say something.

Happy Birthday to the most significant musical figure of the twentieth century. Thanks for all the great tunes and performances, and for inspiring so many more.

Red 333

Archived