Gibson Brands Forums

Rolling Stones Retiring.

Buxom

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank god,probably the most overated big band on this planet.Keif,hamfisted no talent played like he had arthritis even before he acctuatly had arthritis, Ronny Woods hamfisted but a good painter ,bassist never got a mention ,Charlie Watts bum tit bum tit and ugly Mick with his funny stomp clap.Im sure they will do a few fairwell tours before they go in a KISS styley. [biggrin] Well got that of my chest.

Sorry to see it happen, but it was expected. Having seen them in person several times, they still rocked the house awesomely every time I did see them. Admittedly, that's been quite some time. If they came around here one last time (and they may), I'd be there for sure, and I bet it would still be a consummate performance.

I thought there was no Glastonbury this year?

Ian.

No Glsto this year.. but it didnt mention what year they will be playing.. Probably next year...

and it is about bloody time.. its been prophesied that 2012 will be the year of change.. hell must be freezing over :)

Thank god,probably the most overated big band on this planet.Keif,hamfisted no talent played like he had arthritis even before he acctuatly had arthritis, Ronny Woods hamfisted but a good painter ,bassist never got a mention ,Charlie Watts bum tit bum tit and ugly Mick with his funny stomp clap.Im sure they will do a few fairwell tours before they go in a KISS styley. [biggrin] Well got that of my chest.

The KISS part was pretty @#$%n funny......

Thanks for the humor!

This may be mean, but it's about time. They've been on the greatest hits tour for forever.

Anyway, Keith's solo albums have been better than anything the Stones put out in the last twenty years. This song is the mad notes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-hDxTVvG-4&feature=related

I've always felt that they lost their element after they got rid of Brian Jones.

Even though the Mick Taylor era and the early (up to Tattoo You) Ronnie Wood era were good, Mick acting like a cross dresser ruined it for me.....

I think Tattoo You was the last "true" Stones album they made.

I've always felt that they lost their element after they got rid of Brian Jones.

Even though the Mick Taylor era and the early (up to Tattoo You) Ronnie Wood era were good, Mick acting like a cross dresser ruined it for me.....

I love the Brian Jones era too. He was their secret weapon with his ability to play a potpourri of instruments, but I have a feeling Keith and Mick couldn't wait to dump him so they could do more straight ahead stuff. Not too much post Jones Stones I dig on.

I, for one, am sorry to hear it. I thought they might have another album in them. I find their four album run of Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile to be...well, The Best Four Consecutive Albums in Rock History. And while their later stuff didn't measure up to their glory days, I thought Steel Wheels had some good songs. I would much rather see KISS retire.

I, for one, am sorry to hear it. I thought they might have another album in them. I find their four album run of Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile to be...well, The Best Four Consecutive Albums in Rock History. And while their later stuff didn't measure up to their glory days, I thought Steel Wheels had some good songs. I would much rather see KISS retire.

I think it is a healthy decision. But I do think that Keef and Ronnie should focus on their solo projects.

And yes, I would like to see KISS retire as well. Either that, remove the makeup (next year is the 30th anniversary of Lick It Up and the unmasking of the band!), or give Eric and Tommy their own characters. That being said, I wouldn't mind if they kept playing. The act is past its prime, though. They should do what Ace is doing only KISS'd up and on a larger scale. And I think Tommy needs to go back to Black n' Blue.

You guys believe anything on the web?

For one, it's the Stones, man. You should already suspect BS because the stones don't quit, ever. Just the way it is.

Go see them and find out why they DON'T have to retire.

For one, it's the Stones, man. You should already suspect BS because the stones don't quit, ever. Just the way it is.

I'll take a fork to the eye before paying to see 60 year olds play rock

I'll take a fork to the eye before paying to see 60 year olds play rock

You're never too old to rock!

The Stones, KISS, and others just ruin it for others because they're stale and tributes of their former selves.

The problem is that they don't move forward and it's overkill.

I don't have a problem with those guys continuing to play on, but I have a problem with THE way they have been rolling (no pun intended!) in the last 30 years. It's not genuine.

Now, look at Rush. Those guys are pushing 60 and they are still genuine and as fresh as they were back in the day. They're in drive. Forward.

And The Stones have been in neutral since the Regan Administration.

I have the tattoo you album on record, 45 rpm baby!!!

I agree, and if they still enjoy it, and the fans still turn up to watch them (and they will) why should they quit? The Stones have been their life, quitting would be very hard, and don't forget they have changed the face of rock music forever. The point is simple, if you don't like them, don't go!

Regards,

Ian.

Archived