Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Album Of 2012?

kaleb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I buy music to listen to it, i like to create my own original thoughts for music which are most likely influenced by what i listen to on a daily basis.

same here, nothing to add.

best album for me of 2012...no idea, I only bought some older stuff this year, diamond dogs (bowie), what grabs ya (trigger finger), some othet stuff...but nothing of 2012, ( sept2011 till april 2012 I was very ill) but if I buy something good made in 2012....I post it.

Where is all the love for Katy Perry? I don't particularly like her music but she does have alot of hits. :mellow:

The thing that fascinates me most about Perry is her massive fame even though she is an average singer at best. Personally, her songs give me the worst headache because it is so compressed. Reminds me of Nickelback.

The thing that fascinates me most about Perry is her massive fame even though she is an average singer at best. Personally, her songs give me the worst headache because it is so compressed. Reminds me of Nickelback.

This.

... and Don Williams' 'And So It Goes'. Just like fine wine....

Here's a cut from Don's new one. A duet with Alison Krauss. (Disclaimer: this is REAL, GOOD country music)

Nice. [thumbup] I've always enjoyed Don's stuff. I wore out a copy of Cafe Carolina in the 80s.

Mount Carmel - Real Women is the album I cannot stop listening to.

It reminds me of everything I love about late 60s/Early 70s rock like

Cream, Free, Grand Funk. These guys have that sound down. (Thanks again, Twiz) [thumbup]

Great!

Real good classic rock.

Great!

Real good classic rock.

If that kind of sound is coming back now, then mid-late 70s heavy metal style is coming back in a few years!

So, if these guys are like a modern version of Free, Humble Pie, Cream, etc, then prepare for a band in the future that sounds like a modern version of Thin Lizzy, UFO, Scorpions, old Rush, Rainbow, etc.

I'm looking forward to that!

Also, I love the fact that Mount Carmel is a power trio.

They are a rare breed nowadays. There's a lot of rhythm/lead bands (for lack of a better term...), and a few twin lead bands (usually metal acts), but not a lot of power trios.

To me, there's nothing cooler than three guys playing their a$es off!

I agree. The trio is my favorite format by far... all my favorite old bands seem to be trios (or a quartet with a vocals only frontman).

There are still a few power trios around...

North Mississippi Allstars

Radio Moscow

Rose Hill Drive

Los Lonely Boys

Back Door Slam

Wolfmother (though I think they may use some rhythm guitar now and again)

I agree. The trio is my favorite format by far... all my favorite old bands seem to be trios (or a quartet with a vocals only frontman).

There are still a few power trios around...

North Mississippi Allstars

Radio Moscow

Rose Hill Drive

Los Lonely Boys

Back Door Slam

Wolfmother (though I think they may use some rhythm guitar now and again)

Yeah. My favorite format is either that or twin-lead.

As I said before, there is going to be a comeback in twin-lead guitar bands in the future! Mark my words!

Archived