Gibson Brands Forums

Mini RIg

surfpup

UPS brought me the 1-10 cabinet today. It's meant for the Class 5, but I wanted it to go under my JTM-1 obviously.

Pretty classy looking little living room rig, eh?

DSC_0002-7.jpg

Anyone else got a mini rig you wanna show off?

UPS brought me the 1-10 cabinet today. It's meant for the Class 5, but I wanted it to go under my JTM-1 obviously.

DSC_0002-7.jpg

That's NICE Surf, Simplicity and tone, personified!

DSC_0002-7.jpg

Congrats. Good looking half stack. thump-up.gif

Surfpup, that is a really sweet setup. [thumbup]

I guess my mini rig is my Vox AC4TV. I love it.

DSC_7987_100dpi.jpg

Something tells me they're looking for head/cabinet rigs here (which the AC 4 TV does come in). But those are really cool, great sound. Is that the 10 inch model? They came in 10 an 8 inch speakers, the 8 switches from 4 to 1 watt like the 10 inch, but the lowest power setting instead of 1/4 watt like the 10 inch, is 1/10 watt. They discontinued the 8 inch but replaced it with the "Mini", which has a 6.75 inch speaker and an even smaller cabinet. I've got those three versions (never saw the point in spending the extra bucks for the head/cab version I guess). Retro looks, great VOX tube amp sound. Way cool IMO.

Something tells me they're looking for head/cabinet rigs here (which the AC 4 TV does come in). But those are really cool, great sound. Is that the 10 inch model? They came in 10 an 8 inch speakers, the 8 switches from 4 to 1 watt like the 10 inch, but the lowest power setting instead of 1/4 watt like the 10 inch, is 1/10 watt. They discontinued the 8 inch but replaced it with the "Mini", which has a 6.75 inch speaker and an even smaller cabinet. I've got those three versions (never saw the point in spending the extra bucks for the head/cab version I guess). Retro looks, great VOX tube amp sound. Way cool IMO.

Doh! Yea, that's my bad. Sorry fellas. Mine's the one with the 10" speaker. I had an Epi Valve Jr stack for a while too. Good little amp.

Very Cool!

No pics but I have an Epi Valve Jr. head that I modded to add a standby switch, bright switch and a gain boost switch.

It sits on top of a custom red tolex covered 1x12 closed back birch cab that had a Weber California in it but now has a Celestion G12-75.

That's all i have for "mini-rigs" atm.

Thanks, still needs some work.

One of the toggle switches is not connected, I want to use it to boost mids by adding a adding a resistor to the tone stack,

and the 4/8/16 ohm selector is fixed at 8 ohms.

The term "Rig" Encompasses all equipment used without specifying an exact configuration.

True, it could certainly mean that. Maybe I misconstrued the intent based on the OP's pic?

Let's ask Surfpup to clarify, did you mean mini in the sense of combo's too, or were you just looking for head/cab mini's?

Let's ask Surfpup to clarify, did you mean mini in the sense of combo's too, or were you just looking for head/cab mini's?

I'm fine with the combos. [biggrin] Personally, I'm all about the head/cab because I like the options it gives me. Mostly though I was just curious if others had low watt "living room" type rigs.

While I love the little JTM1, I'm still not sure it's the best rig for my living room. I may need something with a master volume - like the upcoming JMP1 or the JCM1 (you hear that, Honey?) [biggrin]

Archived