Gibson Brands Forums

Non-smooth neck

Phil88530

HI:

I bought a lespaul 2012 standard, it has NON SMOOTH neck where the neck seems 1-2mm wider than the fingerboard.

I have exchanged this one with the seller 2 times for the same model, and all guitar arrive have the same issue.

I own a few epiphones, and it never had this issues before. Is this a common thing on gibson lespauls?

would you recommend another trade in ?

Cheers

Phil

post-44867-060670800 1340474240_thumb.jpg

Are you referring to the binding? Gibsons are done differently than Epi's.

Epi's are slathered in Urethane from top to bottom. It creates a smooth

surface all around. Gibsons are coated in Nitro and the binding is hand

scraped to clean the spray off.

HI:

I bought a lespaul 2012 standard, it has NON SMOOTH neck where the neck seems 1-2mm wider than the fingerboard.

I have exchanged this one with the seller 2 times for the same model, and all guitar arrive have the same issue.

I own a few epiphones, and it never had this issues before. Is this a common thing on gibson lespauls?

would you recommend another trade in ?

Cheers

Phil

Yes I had a similar issue when I tried one.. I just hated the neck.. I think its to do with the compound radius fretboard.. It feels ok at the beginning of the neck, but where it joins with the guitar it just didnt feel right to me..

I was thinking of trading my 2008 in for one of these.. But now theres no way.. The 2008 Standard has a 60s style assymetrical neck without the compound fretboard... So maybe try and find one of those if you can.. They have all the locking hardware just not the pull push knobs (but if you really want you can install them on the 2008).

Phill

When I click on the picture is becomes very large but very blurry.

can you take a better clean picture?

If you open the picture and right click on it and save picture as, you can then open it at a viewable size :)

Archived