Gibson Brands Forums

Excellent customer service from a guitar company

Notes_Norton

First of all, I still love my Gibson, and I've heard some good things about Gibson's customer service. Perhaps the best thing though is that I have never needed Gibson's customer service.

But this post isn't about Gibson, and I hope it's OK to post it here because it is about one of my 'other' guitars.

Some time ago I bought a Parker DF524

df9_body_angle.jpg

About a half year after the warranty expired, it developed a small crack (look between the neck and the pickup on the first string side:

Parker_before.jpg

I e-mailed Parker with a couple of pictures attached and the immediately responded. They agreed that shouldn't happen to a good guitar, and without any prodding at all offered to fix the guitar at no expense to me (except for the cost of shipping it to them).

It took a few weeks and when it came back it looks like this:

Parker_after.jpg

Another company would have said, "Tough luck, the warranty has expired." but Parker took care of the problem immediately and without hesitation.

I'm a happy camper.

Notes ♫

My guitar tech told me that someone brought him a Taylor with a broken Expression System. It was years after the warranty expired. Taylor still replaced it for free! He said that PRS is the same way too. Fender is not so good. He told me that a Fender under warranty needed some electronics work. They wanted him to ship the entire electronics set with the pickguard. Well it got lost in the mail and HE had to pay for it. He also didn't have nice things to say about another company, which I won't name here.

Don't want to be labeled as anything here, but I've had excellent help from Gibson with some very "nit-picky" requests on things I didn't like. They were addressed, and in most cases exceeded my expectations. That's almost impossible to do with me too! :rolleyes: Even sent me an engraved TRC that said DOVE like they used to come with when the git had only a plain one.

Gretsch/Fender replaced a guitar with a finish issue w/o a squawk for me too. Sent out a perfect looking replacement that someone must have checked over really good too. I appreciated that even on a $900 guitar.

Rocketman, I wouldn't have paid for the electronics/pickguard if I was Fender and it was lost in the mail. Good business practice is to have things insured and it would have been covered. Not Fenders fault it didn't get received by them you know. That's the carriers fault & then the Shippers fault if they didn't pay for the offered insurance. We all have our own levels of responsibility in every endevour I believe.

We hear more when someone is unhappy than when something good happens. Just look at the news now that Paul Harvey's gone!!! [biggrin]

Aster

Some very nice fret work on that axe of yours [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Hardened stainless steel frets. Along with the ebony fretboard it makes bending a breeze. And a couple of years after it came home with me there is absolutely no noticeable fret wear.

I'm happy to hear about other companies doing the right thing as well.

Sometimes people are eager to express disappointment when a company gives them a raw deal, and that's good to know. On the other hand it's also good to know which companies treat us like valued customers too.

Notes ♫

Archived