Gibson Brands Forums

HPOGD payed it off FINALLY YAY YAY!

Rabs

So after the last six months of scrimping, ebaying and what ever I could do.. I have finally paid off for my 2008 Standard.. Now this was an issue because I was made redundant six months ago and had to use the money for the guitar to live.. And was going to have to sell it.. BUT I have been doing odd jobs, copying VHS to DVD for people, selling stuff on ebay (including one of my Marshalls) all to pay this off.. Well today I finally did it (cut off was 29th June) YAY YAY YAY and am so happy about it I needed to share with people who understand (I hope) :)

After my Classic, this is like a perfect Les Paul to me (colour, pickups, neck).. I literally fell in love with it on the spot and even traded a Flying V I had to help pay for it. And the fact they have stopped making them and that the red ones seemed quite rare, I just had to keep this guitar and did it.. Woooooooo !!! [biggrin]

thank you oh guitar spirit who looks over us [-o< ;)

And this is the beauty im talking about (im sure most of you have seen before so forgive me but im excited (which is rare these days) :) I even had to call them back to check it was actually paid off im in such shock.

DSC01258.jpg

DSC01265.jpg

DSC01284.jpg

DSC01280.jpg

and standing proud with its brothers

DSC01375.jpg

Good deal. Glad to see you kept your loved possession. You gotta do what you've gotta do sometimes.

Thanks.. :) I was almost certain at one point id have to sell it.. so am so happy..

I actually tried a 2012 Standard with the view of, well if I sell it then at least I have an excuse to get a 2012.. But didnt like it so much, so made me want to keep this one even more..

[biggrin]

Fantastic news.

Really happy for you.

I was hoping you would work it out.

Dave

Cheers man.. thats appreciated (and to all who have answered)...

I know to some people it all seems a bit silly over a guitar.. but in the time ive had it ive now really bonded with it and would have been sad to see it go..

Now I just need a job :)

I do love a happy ending!!

Great news - I am sure everyone that read your previous posts will be breathing a sigh of relief!

...and that guitar is a real looker!

Manse

Cheers, I will say it again.. Thanks for all the support (and putting up with my posts ;)).. its been a tough six months and this helps :)

Archived