Gibson Brands Forums

NAD

sellen

What a great raw sounding amp, i love it. Got it used in store for 1300$(barly,looks brand new.) that's a bargin here in Norway. On top of that i got a custom made leather amp trek(looks really nice)

Here's a pick of it

2012-06-21201055.jpg

And a little crappy sound clip recorded with my phone, testing the amp with some stuff from one of our original songs. Nothin' breathtaking [biggrin] [biggrin]

http://soundcloud.com/sellen/01-marshall-beno

Guest rogerb

What a great raw sounding amp, i love it. Got it used in store for 1300$(barly,looks brand new.) that's a bargin here in Norway. On top of that i got a custom made leather amp trek(looks really nice)

Here's a pick of it

2012-06-21201055.jpg

And a little crappy sound clip recorded with my phone, testing the amp with some stuff from one of our original songs. Nothin' breathtaking [biggrin] [biggrin]

http://soundcloud.com/sellen/01-marshall-beno

Outstanding! [thumbup]

Congrats on getting one of the best amps ever to come out of Milton-Keyes,the 1962 has such a warm growl when just overdriven even a touch that it lives up to it's name Bluesbreaker. I have an old Marshall that is cosmetically identical to the Bluesbreaker-the Artist(e) that was just made from 71-73 and mine is the '71 and known as the Artiste but for '73 and '72 the "e" was dropped.The previous owner rewired mine to 2204 specs but thankfully did it in such a way that I can easily convert it back to original with very little work.Enjoy your new amp because you have a real treasure.

That's what I was thinking...must be amplifier season.

I try to find deals whenever I can, if you know it's worth more than what you're investing in you can always flip it for some extra cash.

You've got to be diligent as well as have great patience. I myself try to find a piece a month, I figure if I spend the money in the right place it brings me two-fold.

Don't forget that GuitarCenter.com gives you FREE shipping on anything listed as VINTAGE gear. That means if you buy a half stack for lets say $500 and it's clearly worth $600-700 on the market, you don't have to worry about shipping charges on a 150 pound item. That means essentially you're only paying like $250-300 for that same item.

Stick it to the man!

It should always be NAD!

That is one sweeeeet combo, and the sound, even recorded on your phone is awesome! Congrats, I want one of those!

I walked into a Guitar Center locally a couple months back, in the used gear room, there was a guy playing one. Asked if he was demoing the guitar or the amp, said he'd spotted it online in their used gear section for $800! Had it shipped to the local store for pick up. Wish I'd spotted it first (even here $1300 seems like a good deal to me). I see one on eBay right now for $1200. Free local pick up. Unfortunately (for me) it's in Australia... (Hey Nathan, go get 'er!).

Thanks guys, it is really a great amp. With those 2 channels mixed together cranked up to 10, guitar volume around 5 for rhythm and around max for lead it is i guess the sound that i love and lust for. To bad our band have taken summer vacation :(

Thanks guys, it is really a great amp. With those 2 channels mixed together cranked up to 10, guitar volume around 5 for rhythm and around max for lead it is i guess the sound that i love and lust for. To bad our band have taken summer vacation :(

Well, they'll be in for a great surprise when they get back! Meanwhile, jamming with anyone around might be a bit of fun. Great amp, enjoy it! [thumbup]

Legit '62? I saw they came out with a reissue pretty recently for like 2300 bucks, was interested in hearing what they sound like in person.

When I saw the Greenhornes one of them was using the reissue (unless it was an impeccable vintage one) and it sounded GLORIOUS.

Archived