Gibson Brands Forums

In case someone has not heard this along the way..Clannad's Theme from Harry's Game

merseybeat1963

Marvelous! Thanks for posting.

MJ

Thanks MJ.

When I hear it and some other songs by them, the Mark Knopfler lyric .."Something from the past, just stares into my soul" explains it best.

Here is another with U2's Bono as well, who shreads that voice

"In a Lifetime"... ( hope you don't mind)

Another great one! Hard for me to articulate but Irish music exudes the feelings, triumphs and challenges that the Irish have endured much the same as blues captures the experience of African-Americans. Both are heartfelt and inspiring when you consider the hardships that both groups of people have endured.

Thanks again.

MJ

Another great one! Hard for me to articulate but Irish music exudes the feelings, triumphs and challenges that the Irish have endured much the same as blues captures the experience of African-Americans. Both are heartfelt and inspiring when you consider the hardships that both groups of people have endured.

Thanks again.

MJ

Thank you very much MJ

I really love so much the music that has originated from Ireland England & Scotland.

It just seems to be in that people.

I really dig even the choir music from those countries as well. My wife knows what to expect every Thanksgiving through January..its constant Choir Christmas Music.

(Not the horrible American mutation that has 200-300 people blasting away..by the way)

Its amazing music making.Some of the greatest.

Take Care

i was assuming you were in liverpool with a name like merseybeat and your taste in music .

Yes : )

We've been there in 1991,1995 and 2009.

Just short visits but we walked all over the place. We ate Indian food for the first time in Liverpool in 1991 (wow), never took tours so we've missed some landmarks.

When we went the first time it really left an impression as it wasn't as cleaned up as later. It was closer to what the Beatles would have saw.

We stayed at a Bed & Breakfast in a large private Victorian house. First thing I noticed when we phoned the house..the guy sounded just like John Lennon..when we got there,his wife sounded like John Lennon too !

Great big beautifull room smelled like a giant cigar eech! The owner knew John Lennon & said he was a trouble maker..

On that first trip we went to the Beatles Museum by the docks..(wax figures not too accurate) When we got out we saw a huge Cathedral..kind of over there in the distance...it didn't seem too far at all,so we figured lets walk there.

It took like two & a half hours to get to that thing.

The freakiness of it. There was this masterpiece of a ginormous building just plopped seemingly at the time in the middle of a parking lot..prostitutes walking around outside..Some elegant 18th Century Georgian Houses looking very old with gas light fixtures still intact..

and this Cathedral, empty inside.

Later I read that this is the fifth largest Cathedral in the world & the last built in the UK..begun in 19o4..where Liverpool was rich with shipping business..but WWI ruined Liverpools prosperity as German subs sunk its ships..and they were left to finish this great building where it stood.

Our trips to England & Scotland overall have been a real trip..(in the LSD sense of the word). You grow up in Queens(NY)..you first go to Manhattan it blows your mind..then you go to London & rest of UK and you can't believe you are seeing these things.

Plus my wife reads a lot and is feeding me the history ...

I highly recommend it..if you dont already live there : )

Archived