Gibson Brands Forums

A New Video

BluesKing777

F Zappa said " Shut ......"

Here is a link to a video I just made featuring a recording of my 1954 Gibson ES125.

The filmage is footage I took on the way to try out the guitar at the pawnshop and is probably an attempt to turn nothing into something, but it gives you something to look at instead of me!

The music is my grungy toned blues fingerpicking version of something that begins from a piece of Kenny Sultan's version of Lightnin' Hopkin's version of something else and I took it from there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZE1TBsJAug&feature=plcp

BluesKing777.

Friggin' awesome, love it !

Its amazing how Gibson is able to keep a real closeness of tone identity between the acoustics and electrics, realy credit to them. This sounded to me like a an electric J-45, and thats a complement !

Looks like an nice winter's day in Melbourne, should be back there over X-mas !

Thanks everyone!

There was no amp - I plugged straight into my Line 6 Pod HD amp modeller thingy - then into Garageband on the laptop. The amp I used is modelled on an old Gibson 40's EH135!

Well, no other choice then, was there?

Thanks again.

BluesKing777.

Thanks everyone!

There was no amp - I plugged straight into my Line 6 Pod HD amp modeller thingy - then into Garageband on the laptop. The amp I used is modelled on an old Gibson 40's EH135!

Well, no other choice then, was there?

Thanks again.

BluesKing777.

Excellent Sounding..only thing missing is a smokin singer, kind a like Elvis in 1954'-55'.. or myself in 1975 : )

Excellent Sounding..only thing missing is a smokin singer, kind a like Elvis in 1954'-55'.. or myself in 1975 : )

Thanks for that, but I don't have any smokin' singers handy at present, but I have a newly non-smokin' one....(ME!).

I must point out if anybody else is interested in the Line 6 Pod HD (acoustic forum is probably the wrong forum!), but if so, the gadget is not really ready to buy that day and take straight to a gig to plug in and go...désastre ...... (Disaster!).

It really needs to be experimented with for a few days to find your sounds - the presets are over the top and probably weighted towards the odd shredder...not saying shredders are odd...

I wanted a gadget that I could practice with my electric guitar late into the nights without disturbing everybody, and there are plenty of other options to achieve this, but I also like fiddling around with new gadgets! But with the sounds I found in a Gibson amp model, the next step would be to trial it in a PA, then a PA live, which I have NOT as yet - I have been a little too enthusiastic with new gadgets live before....

Earlier today I was experimenting with the ES 125 through a model of a Fender Bassman - lots of fun, but when I played a friend's real amp years ago, I could not get the extra edge in the treble strings that I wanted without some kind of overdrive pedal, or wind the amp up full (extreme loudness!), and the model seemed pretty much the same - but the gadget also has models of old overdrive pedals and echo boxes and all kinds of fun stuff....the classic Tube Screamer before the Bassman amp is a time tested recipe....no good for me though - I want to use the thing for my fingerpicking blues as an extension of the work I have done on acoustic guitars like in the above video and don't want to start a band etc.

Sorry to take your time, acoustic purists, but I know a few players here have electrics and electric ambitions and I throught I better warn them about the gadget needing a bit of work!

BluesKing777.

Archived