Gibson Brands Forums

buying help needed !!!

ian c

Great job other Ian guy! You picked an awesome guitbox! Now congratulate yourself and take yourself out for a beer' date=' a tube amp & a year of lessons so that beaut doesn't become furniture. Man, you just gotta. [img']http://forum.gibson.com/public/style_emoticons/default/eusa_pray.gif[/img]

was thinking about taking some lessons about 3 years ago , but ended up taking piano lessons instead ;)

now i made my decision i will give a bit more info .....

i've been playing for quite a while , just never bought a gibson before .. hence my visit here !!!

(i did once "buy" an ex-oasis black studio , but thats a different story .... )

ive been travelling all over the world with work , so my guitars have been in storage . played whenever ive been home .

i have a hohner acoustic which i used to travel with , but i gave it to my big sister recently in return for storing a couple of telecasters for me . (i found out she'd been picking it up trying to learn .)

i stopped using the hohner as i prefered an old applause for travelling with .

the only guitar that hasnt been used is an aria pro2 bass that ended up mine when the last band ceased functioning .

this , along with my marshall amp is for sale back in england , via a sister that works at a performing arts college .

i'm in usa now , so will just buy a usa model .

i'm thinking of getting a mini-stack for now ........

my guitars are "displayed" , as from experience if they packed away and i need a bit of a strum its too much hassel to get them out of cases etc. and i just end up picking up whatevers nearest . (hence i havent played bass for about 3 years)

what i really want is a black custom thats been used and abused and is the scruffiest guitar you can imagine , but theyre hard to find !!!

and when i saw the prices , i decided i would by from an "invester" view-point ;)

hence my original post ....

.... thanks for not flaming me too much :D

so , if anyone has a black les paul in similar condition to the picture below , send me a pm please !!! my telecaster needs a brother ;)

strummer.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived