Gibson Brands Forums

Black Country Communion - I Can See Your Spirit-

Searcy

Damn, rough crowd.

No wonder my post about BCC got ZERO replies. I guess I should be happy about that!

I found BCC refreshingly different, the members certainly have talent, and it was completely unexpected so I enjoyed watching it.

Doesn't mean they're going to penetrate my favorite bands list but I still enjoyed it.

But it always amazes me how you can post something even from an expected, respected, and well-known artist or band and there's always someone that has to tell you why they think it sux . . . [confused]

How they'd rather listen to pigeons cackle and crows caw! :unsure:

I have to say that I post these things to expose people to things they might not otherwise get a chance to hear. It's not important to me that people everyone like it.

That said BCC is my favorite band to come out in the last 10 years. I honestly never paid any attention to Joe Banamassa and own none of his solo work. But back when I was playing in bands I spent most of that time as a singing bass player. I have always loved Glenn Hughes sense of groove and vocal ability from his days with Deep Purple and Sabbath. The guy can do everything from metal to R&B. When I first heard he was going to work on a band that took old Black Country influences and rolled them into a new sound with Jason Bonham I wasn't too sure. But once I heard the songs I started to see how it would work.

Still I didn't actually buy any of their work till BCC2 came out and I heard these. Amazing bass work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vho79W9YzY4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkxnzUDOunc

Then I bought both the CDs. I don't understand comments comparing these guys to "blues" and "hair metal" bands but like I said before, it's not important that people like them. Just that they get a chance to hear them and make up their own mind. [thumbup]

I have to say that I post these things to expose people to things they might not otherwise get a chance to hear. It's not important to me that people everyone like it.

I listened to them all and wouldn't inve$t in any of it. Thanks everyone for putting it out there though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived