Gibson Brands Forums

Your 3 Favourite Windows Operating Systems

FenderGuy1

Why favourite 3?

Id have to say Win XP.. I used that for so many years and it was always stable.. 95 and 98 were blue screen of death territory...

Technically though all of the Mac OS's are all more stable and more efficient than Windows will ever be (even though in saying that Windows 7 is pretty good ).

Its hard to say what the best was or is.. Cos it depends on what you use your computer for.. Say you do video editing, a Mac is much much better at that sort of thing.

BUT I can without any doubt at all say that Windows Vista was the worst OS of all time.. (Microsoft should compensate anyone who had to put up with that total waste of time with a new computer). I used it for four painful hours and never ever used it again.

Got to agree with RABS here, 95 and 98 where horrible compared to XP and 7. I also agree with what he states about the Mac stuff, I'm still running Tiger 10.4 on this Mac Pro of mine and have never had a complete system crash. I've had lot's of program crash's but the OS has never stopped working on me.

Windows 7.

All the others are no where near as good. I liked XP but it really needs to die. There is no reason why anyone should still be running an ancient OS like that.

2006scape Pre-Alpha runs better on it.

For me, around the office & since I have to keep the network, server & all work stations running, here my votes:

1 Windows 2000 Pro

2 Windows XP

3 Window 7 (in classic look mode)

I almost never had crashes (all are mainly from internet/email usage these days) with 2000 I will say. It was more the "get 'er done business work OS to me. Not all the fluffy cute stuff, but our work computers are for one thing, me to design with & MAKE MONEY with. At home, messing with other stuff, video & music, that's a different story.

I've had little trouble with Vista on one of my programming laptops but I think the new one with 7 will be fine.

Aster

WIN2000 was their best, if you look at OS's relative to the time they were released. Windows should have stayed a utility OS instead of trying to be all cutesy like Apple. First thing I do when I get a new Windows workstation is put it into classic mode.

Archived