Gibson Brands Forums

Can someone give me gas?

Nick Beach

If you like your SG try a L6-S similar sound and thin comfortable body and as far as the Maple neck try it on the L6-S it might make a convert out of you. Cant go wrong with a Telecaster and a small hollow body like the 339 might get you going. All just guesses of course since we don't know what you play. But if your a southern boy isn't there a law somewhere that says you have to own at least one Les-Paul and a Telecaster? [flapper]

Might be hard to find but the Custom Shop Epiphone Wilshire pretty much made me forget my SG existed

Wilshire-White-Finish-Shot.jpg

The LP Traditional Pro is nice become one of my favorites actually

IMG_0002.jpg

Gretsch is always nice

IMG_0391.jpg

Or maybe a Ric

Ric330.jpg

The LP Juniors are nice especially the Armstrong sig with it's white body and Ebony board

IMG_0019.jpg

Trussart Makes some really nice stuff

copperdragon.jpg

Original-3.jpg

Go a totally different direction and get a Taylor solid body well made and versatile

TaylorSolidBody.jpg

Or just buy 1 of each it's always nice to have choices

Musicwall2.jpg

Nick, since you love your SG so much, why don't you just buy another one? Nothing wrong with having two of the same guitar if that's what you really like. I love historic LPs so much I have five and plan on buying a few more.

Want some SG coercion? [biggrin]

IMG_8136.jpg

Nick, since you love your SG so much, why don't you just buy another one? Nothing wrong with having two of the same guitar if that's what you really like. I love historic LPsmuch I have five and plan on buying a few more.

lolz. I hate you.

Sg junior 60s

Gibson-SG-Junior-60s-Heritage-Cherry.jpg

I had an SG Jr. in 1968, in Pelham Blue. I liked the feel of it a lot. When I was changing over to bass, the Gibson EB0 was the closest looks, and feel to the SG Jr. that I liked. Your's looks absolutely great in the red tone.

Nick, since you love your SG so much, why don't you just buy another one? Nothing wrong with having two of the same guitar if that's what you really like. I love historic LPs so much I have five and plan on buying a few more.

IMG_8136.jpg

Thats what I'm leaning towards, and your VOS SG is exactly what I've been looking at, that great SG feel plus 57 classics. I really might pull the trigger on that. It's not really hitting my gas button, but it's pushing all my other buttons.

Thats what I'm leaning towards, and your VOS SG is exactly what I've been looking at, that great SG feel plus 57 classics. I really might pull the trigger on that. It's not really hitting my gas button, but it's pushing all my other buttons.

If you like those..

what about the Derek Trucks model

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/Derek-Trucks-Signature-SG.aspx

SG50DTHCCH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

or the Dickey Betts one

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-Custom/Dickey-Betts-SG.aspx

HB381C-Finish-Shot.jpg

Archived