Gibson Brands Forums

Family Tree of Gibson Guitars

Jugband Mark

I have been trying to get an overview of the various Gibsons produced over the years, and it has resulted in a Family Tree of Gibsons.

(focusing on solid body)

I wanted to share it with whoever might be interested so here is the link.

The site works in Firefox and Chrome, some issues with other browsers.

Feedback is most welcome! Models that are missing etc :)

http://beta.arble.org/tree/4fe2e02ee4b0bb3dc210473a

familytreeofgibs.jpg

I have been trying to get an overview of the various Gibsons produced over the years, and it has resulted in a Family Tree of Gibsons.

(focusing on solid body)

I wanted to share it with whoever might be interested so here is the link.

The site works in Firefox and Chrome, some issues with other browsers.

Feedback is most welcome! Models that are missing etc :)

http://beta.arble.org/tree/4fe2e02ee4b0bb3dc210473a

Interesting.. from a quick look I didnt see a non reverse Firebird or a Les Paul Double cut.. im sure other people will have more suggestions..

Interesting.. from a quick look I didnt see a non reverse Firebird or a Les Paul Double cut.. im sure other people will have more suggestions..

Thanks, I will add the LP Double Cut to the list of missing guitars. The non reverse Firebird is inside the reverse Firebird. (If you click it)

By the way, did you find it obvious that each of the guitars where clickable? Just curious if the design communicates that or not...

Thanks, I will add the LP Double Cut to the list of missing guitars. The non reverse Firebird is inside the reverse Firebird. (If you click it)

By the way, did you find it obvious that each of the guitars where clickable? Just curious if the design communicates that or not...

I couldnt tell you that.. Im using IE :) so it didnt work for me

I could see the front page but it wasnt clickable..

... By the way, did you find it obvious that each of the guitars where clickable? Just curious if the design communicates that or not...

Great idea. I might have a model suggestion after a closer look.

Regarding clickable - I'm using Chrome and yes, a mouse over changes the arrow pointer to a finger pointer indicating a clickable link.

Great idea. I might have a model suggestion after a closer look.

Regarding clickable - I'm using Chrome and yes, a mouse over changes the arrow pointer to a finger pointer indicating a clickable link.

Cool. Just wasn't sure if folks would think it was just an image, or actually interactive.

• 2 weeks later...

very cool, planning on adding the hollow bodies and basses ?

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I am actually working on a separate bass tree, and I might do the hollow electrics after that.

It has crossed my mind to include them all in the same tree, but it kind of gets to many to fit and still maintain the feeling of an overview...

Archived