Gibson Brands Forums

Challenger--Replacing Tuning Peg Buttons Question

hmtaylor

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum here, I hope this is the correct location for my question. I have a Gibson Challenger (all black), with two humbuckers. I believe that makes it a Challenger II. It is all stock. I would like to replace the tuning peg buttons with the Gibson perloids. I've heard it can be very difficult to find the authentic perloid tuning buttons.

My questions are: what do you suggest I do to make this happen? Where can I look for the perloid buttons? Which do I need? Are there any other arrangements I can make?

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum here, I hope this is the correct location for my question. I have a Gibson Challenger (all black), with two humbuckers. I believe that makes it a Challenger II. It is all stock. I would like to replace the tuning peg buttons with the Gibson perloids. I've heard it can be very difficult to find the authentic perloid tuning buttons.

My questions are: what do you suggest I do to make this happen? Where can I look for the perloid buttons? Which do I need? Are there any other arrangements I can make?

am I in the right place?

Someone has to know what my options are!

Some great places to find good replacement parts are www.stewmac.com and www.allparts.com. You might find used Gibson parts on internet sites like eBay or Craigslist.

well the actual peg is the "perloid button" im referring to: http://static.musiciansfriend.com/derivates/6/001/207/018/DV019_Jpg_Regular_306088.jpg

I spoke to someone who said I could just replace the button instead of the entire tuning assembly...

the problem is getting hold of them. I have checked allparts and stewmac, they have perloid buttons that I think would work but they are different looking than the ones above (the authentic gibson ones)

I guess I'm just wondering what options I have? If I could replace the entire assembly then I might.

Archived