Gibson Brands Forums

The Jordan BossTone Fuzz

bluesguitar65

Anyone had the opportunity to play one of these fine fuzz pedals?

I haven't come across an original one, so I buit one and I'm glad I did.....such a warm, smooth fuzztone indeed.

img0726kc.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2012-06-27

img0727ma.jpg

img0731gk.jpg

img0732ha.jpg

img0733pk.jpg

Nice blue sparkle and my favorite (foot turnable) knob. Good job. [thumbup] You are gonna give us a sound sample I hope. Just one silicon transistor so it's pretty mellow I assume?

Hey Surfpup!! Yea, I took your advice on getting some cool knobs from mammoth. Thanks! This pedal actually uses two transistors, one NPN and one PNP, both silicon. Its actually much more fuzzier and gainier than the fuzz face...its similar to a tone bender. its really a cool sounding fuzz to add to your fuzz collection.

I always take off the plastic washers and use them for something else.

Hey bluesguitar kinda random but you gotta try making your own cables too. Mammoth sells a bunch of cable parts now

Yea???? I actual need more patch cables...thanks for the heads up.

The aesthetics of you're builds have gotten 100x better! And Dan Auerbach is the frontman of the Black Keys.

Cables are really easy and fun to make. I won't be buying cables ever again!

Thanks Dubs [thumbup] I've studied your builds, and by far yours are the most clean looking I've seen, and I've seen many online. Very pro polished looking build by far... and I'm not just saying that.

I gotta youtube that Dan Auerbach....

Thanks Dubs!

Stay tune...my next build will either be a Mosrite fuzzrite or a Shin Ei Champion Fuzz.

Thanks man! If you want to see better builds than mine head over to the D*A*M forum (stompboxes.co.uk). Look through the Tinkerers Corner section.. Or any of the D*A*M, Pigdog, etc gutshots. There are some amazing builders over there.

Cool! Those are two circuits that I've wanted to build forever!

I gotta youtube that Dan Auerbach....

Thanks Dubs!

You won't be sorry for that. But since you played a Black Keys song in one of your demos I think you are at least somewhat familiar with his playing. [biggrin]

Archived