Gibson Brands Forums

What Kind Of Car Do You Drive?

Tman5293

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

97 Honda Accord 4 door 5spd with K&N intake and a 3" stainless exhaust that runs like a scalded dog, gets 35MPG and has 230,000 miles on it for daily commute. I traded an Epiphone acoustic and $800 for that car.

96 Honda Accord Wagon VTEC that gets 28MPG for weekend running and long hauls. 130,000 mines. Mostly stock

92 Toyota pickup with 280,000 miles that's been sunk under water twice and came back to life twice with little effort on my part. It's for well.... truck stuff.

92 Toyota pickup with 280,000 miles that's been sunk under water twice and came back to life twice with little effort on my part. It's for well.... truck stuff.

You watch Top Gear, correct? (most men do, so I figure...) Anyways, they had a Toyota pickup that they were trying to kill, they let the tide roll in on it, dropped one of those folding towed campers on it, and I believe they dropped it off a building and it still ran. You have a tank, sir.

1998 Dodge Dakota. 177,000 miles.

tranny slips

paint has peeled off

rust around wheel wells

metal around bumper is rusted heavily

springs in seat have broken, dropping the seat by a few inches

engine on last leg, requires Lucas Oil to get oil pressure high enough for oil light to stay off

big dent in drivers door

broken front stabilizer bar

more creaks and squeaks than you can count

A.C doesn't work

heater barely works, I don't drive it in winter

It also has an old school US Acoustics power amp with an 8 inch Cerwin Vega Sub behind the seats. I do my best listening in that truck.

The air flow with all the windows down is heavenly. The two mix for very enjoyable summer experience

Cars to me are just a way to get from point A to point B

Just sold my 04 BMW 325i last week in hopes to pick up a C5 Corvette, otherwise, it will just be a newer Bimmer

I have an E90 series, but I'm going to eventually get an F30. It doesn't look that much different but the F30 is a great car. BMW continues to improve with each new edition.

F30-vs-e90-3-series-comparison.jpg

You watch Top Gear, correct? (most men do, so I figure...) Anyways, they had a Toyota pickup that they were trying to kill, they let the tide roll in on it, dropped one of those folding towed campers on it, and I believe they dropped it off a building and it still ran. You have a tank, sir.

Yep, It's my third one.

I think the Top Gear boys had the HiLux mounted on their wall for a while didn't they?

Here's mine.

SSPX0209.jpg

When I have to I'm in an '09 Chevy HHR. Black.

When I can however, I'm on my Kawasaki Concours...or my Honda Goldwing. I commute on those, unless I'm carrying musical equipment, or carrying my daughter, or lightening is predicted.

2011 Honda Pilot and 2003 Honda Element

DSC_0039-1.jpg

Pilot hauls kids and dog and still gets OK mileage on the highway (23-25)

The Element has been a real workhorse. Not only does it get the boards to the beach, but it's carried camping gear

and bikes from Florida to Maine and Montana. Over 100K now and hope to get another 100K out of it.

Archived