Gibson Brands Forums

What Kind Of Car Do You Drive?

Tman5293

The "car" that I drive is a truck,a 2007 4 X 4 GMC Canyon extended cab with a cap.It has the 5 cylinder engine and is a bit of a pig on gas.It isn't nearly as fuel efficent as the Nissan Sentra we had before this,I wasn't expecting it to be a fuel sipper but then again I didnt expect it to suck back the gas like a 747.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I've posted it before but here is me and my Dad's project car:

472625_376372199052667_1764064923_o.jpg

466621_376372575719296_414843174_o.jpg

Mods:

Steeda ProFlow Cold Air Intake

Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Brace

Steeda Billet Throttle Body Spacer

Ford Fog Light Kit

American Muscle Staggered Chrome Bullitt Wheels (18x9 Front, 18x10 Rear)

NITTO Extreme Performance Tires

SCT Performance Tuned (93 Octane, Cold Air Induction)

Flowmaster Force II Axle-Back Exhaust System

Mustang 3rd Brake Light Decal

That's a great looking Mustang! List of mods please! msp_thumbup.gif

Thanks Tman.

Mods include....

Godspeed Machined Aluminum Deep Dish Rims (Deepest lip in the industry)

Front 20 X 8.5 - 255/35/20 TOYO PROXUS

Rear 20 X10 - 295/30/20

Eibach Pro Line Lowering Springs = 1.5 Drop

Borla Exhaust w/4.5" tips

Tinted tail lights and side markers

Replaced Lower front fascia with California Special style

Replaced upper grill with Saleen 4 Bar Black

Replaced chrome plated 5.0 Emblem with Black 5.0 Emblems

Replaced rear GT Faux cap with GT Deck Lid Trim Black Out

Black Quarter Window Louvers.

Here's a pic of the front

2012-03-30_09-25-57_849-1.jpg

I know I've posted it before but here is me and my Dad's project car:

472625_376372199052667_1764064923_o.jpg

466621_376372575719296_414843174_o.jpg

Mods:

Steeda ProFlow Cold Air Intake

Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Brace

Steeda Billet Throttle Body Spacer

Ford Fog Light Kit

American Muscle Staggered Chrome Bullitt Wheels (18x9 Front, 18x10 Rear)

NITTO Extreme Performance Tires

SCT Performance Tuned (93 Octane, Cold Air Induction)

Flowmaster Force II Axle-Back Exhaust System

Mustang 3rd Brake Light Decal

I've never seen the pic. Wow, she's a beauty. Very nice indeed. thanks for sharing!

Now that is classy. You ride often?

Thanks man,, You have a couple of very sweet toys yourself.

I don't ride near as much as I would like but it gets me to work and back daily if nothing else..lol.

Thanks man,, You have a couple of very sweet toys yourself.

I don't ride near as much as I would like but it gets me to work and back daily if nothing else..lol.

Thanks. I ride my bike to work once in a while. But it's mostly for canyon and coast riding. This is my second sport bike. First was a Honda CBR600. I love fast.

I've never seen the pic. Wow, she's a beauty. Very nice indeed. thanks for sharing!

Thanks! msp_biggrin.gif

BTW, I was really hoping you wouldn't have the front license plate on your car. But then you did and I was sad. I think that the front license plate really detracts from the aggressive look that the Mustang has. Other than that it's a beautiful car. Do you plan on doing anything to the engine? I highly recommend getting a cold air intake for it. Also, I have a question. With those 20 inch wheels and lowering springs, do your tires ever rub the top of the wheel well when you go over bumps?

2001 Chevy Cavalier, it's got over 100K on it now but it still runs good and it get's from A to B, I'm poor as hell so it's a beautiful pile of junk. The tag is expired so until I get some money from a job I did 2 weeks ago it's parked in the driveway. Not worth taking a picture of it as the paint is in sad shape and the interior is worn out so it's uncomfortable if you ride in it for more than 20 mins.

Hello! 1997 Dodge Avenger ES Sport. With slight mods - 180 HP. Have it since 1998. It has always been properly maintained - never had any technical issues. The rocker panels need some patchwork here and there, but it's a fine daily driver. The only thing I dislike about it, that the engine makes real power up above 4000 RPM. I would prefer more low-end torque. When the engine will needed to rebuilded, I will make the necessary mods to achieve the performance I would expect, but since it is still like-new, it will take another 100.000 miles before I will do these. Cheers... Bence

Some interesting stuff here!

....I was really hoping you wouldn't have the front license plate on your car....

Is displaying the front plate an option in the USA? Hereabouts that would be certain to attract the attention of the Boys in Blue...

As far as I'm concerned; I've only ever owned three cars in my life. Here they are starting with the 'newest'...

After Chloe (our daughter) was born in '04 the need for something sensible resulted in this (not mine but absolutely identical - I don't have a snap of mine);

Not bad as family saloons go. It has a lovely little V6 which keeps up a certain amount of interest.

323FRHD.jpg

In the years before Chloe was born this was my daily driver. I still have it but haven't used it since the birth. I intend at some point to get it back on the road;

914andme.jpg

Lastly, in the spirit of 'What car do you regret selling/miss owning?' I'd put this, my 1959 VW. My first car. I rebuilt it from an empty rolling shell and ran it for the next 10 years.

ThumperMk1.jpg

P.

Thanks! msp_biggrin.gif

BTW, I was really hoping you wouldn't have the front license plate on your car. But then you did and I was sad. I think that the front license plate really detracts from the aggressive look that the Mustang has. Other than that it's a beautiful car. Do you plan on doing anything to the engine? I highly recommend getting a cold air intake for it. Also, I have a question. With those 20 inch wheels and lowering springs, do your tires ever rub the top of the wheel well when you go over bumps?

I totally agree about the front plate. One more reason California SUCKS.

As for the lowering springs, my main concern was how much stiffer the ride was going to be, coupled with the lower profile tires to accommodate the new 20" rims. But I have to say, it is the perfect combination of handling, and comfort. There is absolutely no rubbing under any circumstance to date. The lower center of gravity makes for much less body roll, and much less brake dive. I could now do things at 90 MPH that I couldn't have gotten away with at 80 MPH before. I'm also seeing better gas mileage. It is the Mustangs with a 2" drop (slam) that usually rub tires, and bottom out over driveways and speed bumps. Granted, a 2" drop does looks killer.

The other advantage of of going 1.5" as opposed to 2" is, you don't have to worry about camber bolt/plates, or an adjustable panhard bar. All you need is an initial alignment.

I had planned from day one to go with a CAI and Diablo Trinity Tuner, or I was considering going with a fully functional ram air / black shaker hood scoop. but, I ended up buying a new bike, and needed to take a break from spending..........for now.

2004 Dodge Durango Ltd. Edition "Ram Power" Sport model. Never seen another exactly like it, even on the computer.

Dodge Magnum V8 engine, towing option rear end...17 mpg city, 21 mpg hwy.

All power options, & still like new inside & out.

Goodyear tires.

This MF would SMOKE my DeVille w/the Northstar engine, which was pretty strong its'self.

This coming Sept. i'm looking for a 4x4 Truck version of the same Dodge, same drivetrain at least.

Some interesting stuff here!

Is displaying the front plate an option in the USA? Hereabouts that would be certain to attract the attention of the Boys in Blue...

Lastly, in the spirit of 'What car do you regret selling/miss owning?' I'd put this, my 1959 VW. My first car. I rebuilt it from an empty rolling shell and ran it for the next 10 years.

ThumperMk1.jpg

P.

It's an option in some states. I live in Texas and the law says that a front plate is required. However, my dad has been driving that Mustang for two years without a front plate and has never been pulled over.

Also on the topic of cars you regret selling, my Dad regrets selling his 1964 1/2 Mustang:

411783_435550866468133_1746715791_o.jpg

I totally agree about the front plate. One more reason California SUCKS.

As for the lowering springs, my main concern was how much stiffer the ride was going to be, coupled with the lower profile tires to accommodate the new 20" rims. But I have to say, it is the perfect combination of handling, and comfort. There is absolutely no rubbing under any circumstance to date. The lower center of gravity makes for much less body roll, and much less brake dive. I could now do things at 90 MPH that I couldn't have gotten away with at 80 MPH before. I'm also seeing better gas mileage. It is the Mustangs with a 2" drop (slam) that usually rub tires, and bottom out over driveways and speed bumps. Granted, a 2" drop does looks killer.

The other advantage of of going 1.5" as opposed to 2" is, you don't have to worry about camber bolt/plates, or an adjustable panhard bar. All you need is an initial alignment.

I had planned from day one to go with a CAI and Diablo Trinity Tuner, or I was considering going with a fully functional ram air / black shaker hood scoop. but, I ended up buying a new bike, and needed to take a break from spending..........for now.

My Dad is planning on putting a ram air hood on his Mustang at some point. We just lack the funds at the moment.

I drive a 2007 FJ Cruiser that had been modified to take me off the beaten path and camp for days at a time.

I have solar setup to recharge the batteries, ARB 12v fridge/freezer (no mushy wet food from an ice chest), and a nice 2 person roof top tent that is 4 season.

main6.jpg

main10.jpg

main11.jpg

Archived