Gibson Brands Forums

What Kind Of Car Do You Drive?

Tman5293

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you understand cars.

Alfa Romeos run off small engine and very light weight bodies, along with strong steering.

Alfa's dont need a V8 because that would ruin the fun of the tight corners and overall steering performance. Its not straight line speed with European cars.

Even when Alfa made a Supercar they used a V8 engine instead of the common V10 or V12 which most modern day supercars use. Once you drive an Alfa you get to understand it the point of light weight, good cornering cars. Or you can just drive a Mazda Miata.

interesting discussion on my alfa LOL

the Alfa is very light and small and doesn't need any more BHP than that go to quick, 0-60 is close to 7 secs and it corners like its on rails.

as someone else said, its the kinda of car that puts a smile on your face every time you drive it !

Gentlemen, please direct your attention to the following website:

http://www.sscnorthamerica.com/

The car in the video that plays when you go to the website is the fastest car in the world.

No it isn't.

The fastest car in the world at present is British.

Here's a snap of Squadron Leader Andy Green on his way to do the weekly shop;

thrust-ssc_1525655c.jpg

[smile]

That's not a car man...that's "THE CAR" [wub]

That's very kind of you to say so, mosquito3. It had it's original engine which put out a whopping 30 hp. 67mph flat out and acceleration which required an hourglass to measure.

P.

That's very kind of you to say so, mosquito3. It had it's original engine which put out a whopping 30 hp. 67mph flat out and acceleration which required an hourglass to measure.

P.

Yes, i know what you are talking about. My family used to own one of those Volkswagen in the past. I miss that car. She was just beautiful to my eyes :)

No it isn't.

The fastest car in the world at present is British.

Here's a snap of Squadron Leader Andy Green on his way to do the weekly shop;

thrust-ssc_1525655c.jpg

[smile]

P.

We're talking about the fastest production car.

So okay, no matter what, we're all essentially motorheads, right? So here's a video of a production car (Corvette ZR1 at the famed Nurburgring). It's just a fun video especially if you've ever driven "at speed". Enjoy...

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-zr1-sports-car/#racing_2_LB0

BTW, for the $$ diff between this and the bang for the buck in performance, I'll keep my Z06

006-1.jpg

That is when the Rolls R's were way CLASSY for sure!!!

I like this as my go fast, stop, & turn car. 3 twin DCOE Webers w/ 1/2 race cam, high compression built engine and 3/4 race suspension (with Koni shocks). Tuned headers & has a better Monza exhaust (twin 4) than in this photo. Only prollem is my neck doesn't like that stiff ride much anymore. Worse ride than my Ram 2500 HD w/ 1 ton suspension.

It will get out and race with the Porchees however. She really barks when you step into it good. [biggrin]

TR6.jpg

Not like this that a friend has however. Can't swing this kind of cash into a sporty car!

Aster

PC060189.jpg

Somehow the cageless car photo's didn't show up in my 1st post.

1200Roadsterbywall.jpg

DeluxeDeckedOut.jpg

pnw_toflhrc_dom_c22_swa_w1280.jpg

Yes, a concept car.

I kind of laughed when i read: Top Speed (Projected): 276 mph

They haven't even reached it yet!

You have any idea how many cars are like this out there?

A few years ago Gumpert announced they were going to make a car with 2000HP that would beat the Bugatti. Now? Nothing

Whats so great about the Bugatti is that you can drive it daily. Sure we have all these cars that have 1000-1500HP but after a day on the track they need to be sent to the shop to get maintenance. I believe with a Bugatti you only have to send it ever year for a maintenance check.

In reality, how often a car needs maintenance is usually dependent on the driver and driving conditions. And all these super car's are very costly to fix and maintain hell, finding part's/mechanic may be a challenge too. This will depend on where you live of coarse but it ant going to be cheap! But if you got the money to spend on a 1/4 million dollar :huh: [scared] car then you can afford to keep it up I guess.

We're talking about the fastest production car.

Oh, I know Tman. I was just being a bit silly. Apologies if that didn't come over too clearly.

I'm very impressed that you in the States have still got such a strong car-building (and buying) ethos and it's right and proper that the Mustangs and 'Vettes of this world should be celebrated.

We, in the UK, have sold off all our major car manufacturers so even although 'we' still produce wonderful cars like Aston Martin; Rolls Royce & Bentley; Lotus and Jaguar not one of these companies is British-owned.

P.

Here are my rides:

2002 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk #0548 - LME built LSX 454 stroker.

295234_355949477774576_1678821722_n.jpg

2003 Ford Lightning #894 - bolt-ons, waiting for a 2.3 Whipple.

533448_348155611887296_1711397956_n.jpg

2007 Yamaha YZF-R1 - cosmetics mods (levers, screen, etc)

230015_198951820141010_2515039_n.jpg

2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom (Weestrom)- cosmetic mods, crash bars etc - commuter.

167142_179684075401118_6931206_n.jpg

Archived