Gibson Brands Forums

Which guitar works best for you?

Zeppelinguy

Canon_mutant beat me to it Rocketman,I can't see how anyone in their right mind would give you flak for playing such an exquisite guitar as a PRS-especially the 25th Ann. model- I can well understand how one of these puppies would work best for you.Enjoy your baby without an iota of guilt.

Why in the world would you take heat for this? Gorgeous guitar. [drool]

PRS necks don't work well with my long skinny hands for some reason which is the ONLY reason I don't own one [several?] but they are outstanding guitars.

Oh, not a Gibby, I get it.

People ask me why I talk up Carvins on the Gibson forum? Well, it's hard to be a Carvin Troll when I own 4 Gibsons. [confused]

But, my "goto" is a Carvin.

Of course if I could get Gibson to make me a guitar with custom neck material, shape, size, radius, fretboard material, color, and finish [tung oil rules!], fret number, size and type, Inlay material, shape, size, and color, Nut type, material, and color, Body material, shape, size, color, and finish, Top material, shape, size, color, and finish, Headstock material, shape, size, color, and finish, Bridge and Tail type, Hardware type and color, Pups and electronics of my choice etc. ~ like that will ever happen. :unsure: :-k

Canon_mutant beat me to it Rocketman,I can't see how anyone in their right mind would give you flak for playing such an exquisite guitar as a PRS-especially the 25th Ann. model- I can well understand how one of these puppies would work best for you.Enjoy your baby without an iota of guilt.

Thanks! You know I find that people either love a PRS or they don't for the most part. Some people say that it doesn't sound like a Gibson or a Fender. My answer is "that's why I got it!" I love all of my guitars. Each one fills a need for what I do. The PRS has a unique sound and it's by far the best guitar I own. Some people also complain that they are too flawless (not kidding). Never understood that though.

I bought it sight unseen (ordered from the HOG). When they opened it they thoroughly checked it out. The tuning and intonation were both spot on. The action was higher than other PRS guitars I played, so they lowered it for me.

The reason why I love it is that it’s very comfortable to play, the sound is amazing, the tremolo is very stable and I love the 57/08 pickups. Each guitar I bought takes me a while to get used to. My 339 took me a long time. I love that guitar too. The PRS didn’t take long at all for me though.

yeah, i sacrifice technicality by playing a les paul. i could play so much faster and cleaner on a light guitar with a thin neck and frets. but i care more about my sound, and les pauls are ultimate tone monsters....

Thanks! You know I find that people either love a PRS or they don't for the most part. Some people say that it doesn't sound like a Gibson or a Fender. My answer is "that's why I got it!"

That's the same thing with my Carvins. I mean, they get close to les paul sound and close to fender sound with the coils split plus the active electronics, but they are a Carvin. Combine the uniqueness of the woods I choose, with how great they look, how well they are made, how great they play, and how universal they are, and it's why I am a fan.

PRS is no different. Like I said, it's just my retarded long skinny hands that can't get comfortable on those PRS necks otherwise I know I'd own one or two. Can't remember for sure cuz it's been awhile but it's like they are too wide for their depth on my hands to be comfy.

Electric would be my 89 MIJ Strat. Acoustic would be my 2003 Hummingbird. These are my selections if I could only play two guitars.

Disclaimer: I own 6 Gibsons. But for recording lately I have been using a PRS SC and a PRS HB, these two are the easist to play, tied with my Strat.

If I can only have one guitar for every thing, it would be the PRS Hollow Body.

(for blues prefer LPs)

Well I'm loving my new Midtown Custom... a very versatile guitar. Covers both LP and ES ranges... full potential i think is down to me working harder at playing more. The guitar is way ahead of me! [unsure]

post-43792-077485700 1341325281_thumb.jpg

Full potential? It would have to be magical or extremely hi-tech (something that made the firebird X look like a vintage acoustic). I practice everyday but it looks like I'm stuck where I'm at right now. I don't get better anymore no matter how much I practice. :(

But the guitar shape that I find more comfortable and aestetically apealing is the telecaster, followed by the les paul. I truly feel I play better with my main guitar and my number 2, both telecaster shaped, one made by fender.

Archived