Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stu J

SCS.1d platter dead?

For no reason that I can tell the platter on my SCS.1d has stopped working.

When disconnected but powered on the platter is stiff to move clockwise quite hard to move anti-clockwise. If I do move it anti-clockwise then sometimes it moves itself clockwise again just a little.

When powered off it is very stiff to move in either direction.

When powered on with DaRouter launched it is very stiff to move, the same as when powered off.

If I launch Virtual DJ everything else works fine but the platter will not power up so it can't be used in vinyl mode.

Can there be some setting that I have activated by accident?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Stuart

IMG_1348.MOV

For no reason that I can tell the platter on my SCS.1d has stopped working.

When disconnected but powered on the platter is stiff to move clockwise quite hard to move anti-clockwise. If I do move it anti-clockwise then sometimes it moves itself clockwise again just a little.

When powered off it is very stiff to move in either direction.

When powered on with DaRouter launched it is very stiff to move, the same as when powered off.

If I launch Virtual DJ everything else works fine but the platter will not power up so it can't be used in vinyl mode.

Can there be some setting that I have activated by accident?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Stuart

Update:

It started moving again but was acting like there was something physical stuck in there, the speed kept dropping just as if you were dragging your finger against the platter. it seems to have gradually gone away now.

Does anyone know if it's easy enough to lift the platter off so I can see if something's got in there?

Kind regards,

Stuart

Update:

It started moving again but was acting like there was something physical stuck in there, the speed kept dropping just as if you were dragging your finger against the platter. it seems to have gradually gone away now.

Does anyone know if it's easy enough to lift the platter off so I can see if something's got in there?

Kind regards,

Stuart

The platter is easy to remove you can just lift it and check if there is any debris stopping the unit from moving freely.

The platter is easy to remove you can just lift it and check if there is any debris stopping the unit from moving freely.

Thanks for your response. Mine just won't lift off though, only the vinyl and slip mat will come off.

Would you mind telling me what software you use the scs.1d with please?