Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - Gibson SG Classic

CapM

Added another Gibson to the family. An impulse purchase, but I've been wanting to add an SG to the family as well as something with P90's (not necessarily SG). When I found this one that had both, I had to pick her up. Haven't had a chance to play her yet (I undoubtedly will tonight when I take her home). A 2009 Gibson SG Classic with a hardshell case. Hardly a scratch on her, including the pick guard. I thought the shop had her priced right($599) to boot. The only flaw I can see is some very light dents around the headstock, probably due to the previous owner's stand/wall mounts.

med_gallery_35195_417_56878.jpg

med_gallery_35195_417_31526.jpg

med_gallery_35195_417_31931.jpg

med_gallery_35195_417_41404.jpg

Thanks! Being in the investments business, I think too much about value, and I really love a deal.

First impression on playability - I re-recorded a solo I had originally done last week on my ES-335. This solo has a lot of vibrato. On the SG, it came out SO much better. Perhaps because of the chunkier neck giving more room for expression? I dunno. What took 20 takes with the 335 took one with the SG. Either that, or I was just so psyched to be playing a new guitar! Haven't had time to crank it through my tube amp yet, which will let me explore the P90 sound.

Thanks! Being in the investments business, I think too much about value, and I really love a deal.

First impression on playability - I re-recorded a solo I had originally done last week on my ES-335. This solo has a lot of vibrato. On the SG, it came out SO much better. Perhaps because of the chunkier neck giving more room for expression? I dunno. What took 20 takes with the 335 took one with the SG. Either that, or I was just so psyched to be playing a new guitar! Haven't had time to crank it through my tube amp yet, which will let me explore the P90 sound.

The SG has a playability that just can't be matched. It's simply the easiest playing guitar available.

Archived