Gibson Brands Forums

Dylan at Hop Farm, England

BigKahune

At this point though after seeing him at that President's gala..its really time to retire..people see that, and will dismiss what he was.

"Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you king" (Sweatheart Like You/Infidels)

Well you obviously don't agee with most of what I said thats fine..but... Oscar's ...No1 Albums..... why would you retire?

He is still saying relevant things... ans STILL reinventing his style..and himself... trying to always be moving. I think he is finally playing and recording the music he always wanted to..look at his smile from these recent gigs..and read some reviews.

The thing I liked about that President gala thing..is Bob never made any attempt to get near Obama...while everyone was fawning over the new king... Bob saw it for what it was..and understands any President of the USA is gonna be the same as the last. Every other artist and anyone else there had an opportunity to hobnob with Obama before the show.. Bob just stayed out of the way..not even meeting Obama

He did reluctantly go and shake his hand after he had performed..and just smiled that kinda knowing smile, gave a nod..and walked away.

That to me is a true artist and true style... He only played because it was a remembrance tribute to someone else...not Obama

Well you obviously don't agee with most of what I said thats fine..but... Oscar's ...No1 Albums..... why would you retire?

He is still saying relevant things... ans STILL reinventing his style..and himself... trying to always be moving. I think he is finally playing and recording the music he always wanted to..look at his smile from these recent gigs..and read some reviews.

The thing I liked about that President gala thing..is Bob never made any attempt to get near Obama...while everyone was fawning over the new king... Bob saw it for what it was..and understands any President of the USA is gonna be the same as the last. Every other artist and anyone else there had an opportunity to hobnob with Obama before the show.. Bob just stayed out of the way..not even meeting Obama

He did reluctantly go and shake his hand after he had performed..and just smiled that kinda knowing smile, gave a nod..and walked away.

That to me is a true artist and true style... He only played because it was a remembrance tribute to someone else...not Obama

Oh..Sorry I was just responding to Euro..I hadn't read all the comments.

My brother in law thought & said the same thing that Bob Dylan sounded embarrisingly bad at that Gala.I hate to see him like that on national TV as many young people will not know Bob Dylan and to know him from this is too bad..

As far as Bob Dylan getting near Pres.Obama..it is the President that should be wanting to get near Bob Dylan. If I were the President Id ask Bob Dylan to become my advisor.

Archived