Gibson Brands Forums

Customize your Gibson

Axewraps

...so' date=' they are aplying this stuff to melody makers?

Or by "under $500 gibson" you mean chinese fakes?

[/quote']

If you are looking for a melody maker under $500, here is a link to musician's friend:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/gibson?N=100001+200988+10

If you are looking for an Epiphone under $500:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/epiphone-guitars-basses-accessories-electric-guitars?N=100001+200990+9+304275

and

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/epiphone-guitars-basses-accessories-electric-guitars?N=100001+200990+10+304275

Here is a site for some nice used Gibson SGs under $500:

http://www.gibsonsg.net/gibson-sgs/gibson-sg-special

I hope this helps.

http://www.axewraps.com

I suppose it does have it's nitch, shredders guitars maybe. Those can get pretty funky looking and as far as I can tell, not bought for their finish. But, and I think I can speak for all of us, we buy our guitars in large part because of their looks and I would break down our purchasing decisions this way:

looks - 50%

sound - 50%

playablility - 50%

Seems to me it's a lot like having different 'skins' for DS's, Xbox's , etc. I suspect the young kids will really dig it and on lower end guitars where finish is not as critical it's a good fit so, good luck with it -

No water on the finish !!!! Sweat , blood , beer , you know , the normal wear and tear stuff, I don't know about a sticker . I'd be more inclined to have a custom airbrushed job done . Good luck with it though , i agree with guitarslinger , the gamers will eat it up .

Had another thought, wonder how it would affect the sound. The laquer on these pupies allow them to breathe and putting a wrap on may suffocate it, possibley harm the finish in other ways in the long run. You ever test for sound changes with and without it?

Had another thought' date=' wonder how it would affect the sound. The laquer on these pupies allow them to breathe and putting a wrap on may suffocate it, possibley harm the finish in other ways in the long run. You ever test for sound changes with and without it?

[/quote']

A dog may hear an audible difference...

Humans.... doubtful.

Had another thought' date=' wonder how it would affect the sound. The laquer on these pupies allow them to breathe and putting a wrap on may suffocate it, possibley harm the finish in other ways in the long run. You ever test for sound changes with and without it?

[/quote']

We actually have tested sound quality. That is one of the reasons we don't offer them for acoustics. With solid body guitars, the axewrap does not degrade the sound quality in anyway. There are also some acoustics where it has little effect but the tone quality of the acoustic where it has little effect is fairly weak to begin with.

I'd be more inclined to have a custom airbrushed job done .

I think an airbrushed finish would be my ultimate preference too. The cool thing though with the axewrap is if you can't commit to one design forever, for $30, you can try it out and take it off later with no effect to the finish of your guitar. Also, when these are applied, you really have to examine it to tell that it is not an airbrushed finish. Hopefully you will get a chance to see it soon at your local guitar shop as we are rapidly increasing our point of sale distribution of our product through guitar retailers across the country.

Just asking.

I would like to have a white reflective wrap thingy on my $10.000 neil schon guitar.[/quote']

I will explain my comment because you didnt understand it.

The Melody Maker is the only guitar gibson sells that goes for less than 500 bucks.

You said "this stuff is being aplied to lower end gibsons" and then said that lower end gibsons were gibsonos that costed less than 500 bucks. That is why I said:

[/quote']

That's it.

NOTE TO ADMIN.........

Please feel free to delete this spam thread' date=' if you search on Google you will see this trool has been very busy all weekend spreading his on special form of free advertising on many forums.[/quote']

Indeed he has...

I agree this stuff should be deleted...

Ok, Axewraps.

First, there really IS a special place in hell for spammers. Even though you get props for a good product, being well spoken and displaying excellent forum ettiquette otherwise... it is still spam. Given your eloquence, it would have been SO easy to have accomplished the same thing in a much less obtrusive manner.

Second, "they do not leave any adhesive or residue on the surface of the guitar " makes this a pretty dang good idea from a marketing standpoint, assuming you warrant this. Do you guys do custom skins? Not just the print, but perhaps shapes as well... like for my LTD F-105 Bass?

Think about it:

David Gilmour with a "rainbow prism" black Strat to advertise "Dark Side of the Moon"...

A skin to advertise a special event... Katrina relief or Farm Aid.

Getting Hannah Montanna for your little girl's Squier Strat.

When you're done with the event (or your little girl grows up O:) ) just peel it off and you are back to your regular axe.

Lastly, I have to agree that your rank and file LP owners (i.e. most of the folks who dwell here) will not likely be interested in covering up their Lesters. Most of us spent quite awhile deciding what features and finish we wanted; some searched for quite a while to find "the one".

I mean, why would I want to cover this?

100_0549.jpg

or this, for that matter?

MSS025.jpg

So good idea, bad marketing strategy and wrong segment. (but I like the sales guy....)

Good Luck!

Chanman,

Thanks for the feedback. You're guitars a beautiful. I love the close-ups and I wouldn't cover those up either. And sorry about the obtrusive manner. Despite what Thunderest found, this actually was the only forum I participated in regarding axewraps. I'm going to do my own google search to see what he is talking about. I have definitely learned a lot and I appreciate the patience most of you have given this "newbie" to forums in general.

Thank-you for seeing the value in our product. You are right. This forum is definitely not the place for my agenda and I think I have learned that forums in general are not the place for my agenda.

Admin, I agree with the Guitarest, if you regard this as purely "spam-like" in nature, this thread should be deleted but if a legitimate thread has been developed as a result of what began as "spam," I would love to see how this develops.

Archived