Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone one know..whats this all about?

merseybeat1963

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Guitar-Trader-1959-Flametop-Reissue-/320935519270?pt=Guitar&hash=item4ab93f6426

The bids are up to $9200 for this.. Why ?

Anyone know?

In 1982 the first 12 reissue 59' Les Pauls landed on 48th Street in NY in Manny's Music..the majority were sold to someone in Japan instantly & of the two left, when I got down there, I bought serial # 011.

The guitar looked the part ..but after 10 years it never sounded any better than average and was caked inside an indestructible thick coat of Polyurethene (I think thats what that was).

The first Henry made Historic Reissues ( I got the first & only one that landed on 48th Street at the time ,which my brother in law owns) were miles better than those first Norlin things.

Whats up with this Trader Les Paul..?

if Im reading this right the pickups are original PAFS..but if its just because of the pick ups, one is better off getting a pair of these pickups & putting them in a more current reissue..

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ab93f6426

The bids are up to $9200 for this.. Why ?

Anyone know?

In 1982 the first 12 reissue 59' Les Pauls landed on 48th Street in NY in Manny's Music..the majority were sold to someone in Japan instantly & of the two left, when I got down there, I bought serial # 011.

The guitar looked the part ..but after 10 years it never sounded any better than average and was caked inside an indestructible thick coat of Polyurethene (I think thats what that was).

The first Henry made Historic Reissues ( I got the first & only one that landed on 48th Street at the time ,which my brother in law owns) were miles better than those first Norlin things.

Whats up with this Trader Les Paul..?

if Im reading this right the pickups are original PAFS..but if its just because of the pick ups, one is better off getting a pair of these pickups & putting them in a more current reissue..

Wrong Forum mate. I think you wanted to post this in the long hair tight pant and loud music Forum, not the old man hard of hearing Acoustic section!

[scared]

Archived