Gibson Brands Forums

Old Gig Tickets re-surface

Rabs

So I was having a bit of a clear out today and found a buch of old gig ticket stubs... Some good ones in there :)

This is a fraction of the amount of gigs ive been to which is alot of open mic nights and stuff like that and other big gigs where the ticket was lost.. I actually wish I had all of my tickets and now try and make sure I keep them all.. Its nice to look back..

So does anyone else keep their ticket stubs or is it just me?

They bring back so many memories.. Like the Metallica one at Milton Keynes Bowl which was an outdoor gig with The Almighty, Diamond Head and Megadeath in support.. What a day.. And Guns N Roses at Wembley Stadium with Soundgardern and Faith No More for support...

What good stories and ticket stubs do you have? :) (and yes I HAVE seen TOTO :P)

Also check how the prices have changed. Even at their peak, £21 to see GnR at Wembley)

DSC01800.jpg

DSC01801.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

Rodrigo Y Gabriela.... nice. Always wanted to see them. [thumbup]

I still have all my ticket stubs going back to the 80's when I was a teenager. Good thing I kept them, I don't even remember some of those shows [blush]

Rodrigo Y Gabriela.... nice. Always wanted to see them. [thumbup]

I still have all my ticket stubs going back to the 80's when I was a teenager. Good thing I kept them, I don't even remember some of those shows [blush]

Yeah that was a GREATTTT gig... With Testaments lead guitarist Alex Skolnick who was playing as support in as part of a three piece jazz band... I also try and take footage when I can for the last few years since the whole HD recording thing started.... Check this from that gig :)

i have no ticket stubs :(

Dot worry man.. thats to come... I probably didnt go to my first gig till I was about 17 (Skid Row :o :))... I am lucky though to live in London as we are spoilt for gigs here..

That was the most incredible display of pure virtuosity that I've seen since I don't know when,just plain mind boggling how tight they were.

Yeah they really are something else those two.. Did you know they started out together in a Thrash band... They do Metallica covers in that latino style.. I would see them again in a heartbeat.

Was buying some tickets and it reminded me of this thread....

You know what I hate? Many of the on-line ticket sellers/outlets now do their very best to get you to do paperless tickets. To the point where it might be paperless only for certain (good) seats, early sales, and charging more for a ticket stub.

I'm paying $60+ (or lots more) for a concert ticket, i want a stub dammit!

And another thing, bought a concert t-shirt lately? What a racket that is. $30+ for a basic tee that has inaccurate size and falls apart after 3 washings. [cursing]

I used to be able to wear the hell out of my concert shirts in the 80's

Anyway... yeah. That.

Was buying some tickets and it reminded me of this thread....

You know what I hate? Many of the on-line ticket sellers/outlets now do their very best to get you to do paperless tickets. To the point where it might be paperless only for certain (good) seats, early sales, and charging more for a ticket stub.

I'm paying $60+ (or lots more) for a concert ticket, i want a stub dammit!

And another thing, bought a concert t-shirt lately? What a racket that is. $30+ for a basic tee that has inaccurate size and falls apart after 3 washings. [cursing]

I used to be able to wear the hell out of my concert shirts in the 80's

Anyway... yeah. That.

Yes I totally agree on both those points.. I still have a few 90s Tshirts that are going strong.. They are total pants now.

You pay more and more and get less and less these days... It sucks !!

I, too, wish I had held on to more of my old stubs.

These few I came across when throwing out old paperwork;

ticketslo-res.jpg

I've a few recent ones that I've kept, such as Roger Waters 'Dark Side' tour a few years ago and last year's 'The Wall', but most were thrown out the day after the gig. Shame.

P.

cool i keep mine too will scan in soon.

I saw GNR on that same tour in 92 in Seville, Spain I was like 17 I think !

Yeah I couldnt have been much older, maybe 18.. Was amazing... Did you get Faith No More and Soundgarden too?

It was one of those gigs that everyone who was anyone in the rock scene went too.. a hot English summers day amazing :)

Archived