Gibson Brands Forums

The Coily Cord

CoreyT

I am sure many here are subscribed to Gearmanndude's channel?

http://www.youtube.com/user/gearmanndude/featured

I ran across his channel several months back searching for pedal reviews, as that is what he mainly reviews, and he always talks about his Bullet coily cables.

He became a dealer for these recently, and he does a review on it here which he just uploaded yesternight.

I don't subscribe to gearmandude's channel because it is hard not to run into one of his clips.

Coily cables are cool but if you plug directly into and amp, some of them are too long and start causing impedance issues and loss of treble, if you then add a pedal board and another cable from the board to the amp it is just too much.

The only coil cable I have a is a $10 Radio Shack, I use it with my Super Champ XD for practice, plug and play.

I have not had a coily cable since the 70s.

Always had problems with them too, but they were cheap ones.

All my cables now (three guitar and five 10" patch pedal ones) are Mogami Gold.

I have a purple coily Bullet cable. I like it fine. It sounds good - no treble attenuation. It's heavy. If you drop the end on your bare foot, you will bleed a little bit. That's about all I know.

I have a purple coily Bullet cable. I like it fine. It sounds good - no treble attenuation. It's heavy. If you drop the end on your bare foot, you will bleed a little bit. That's about all I know.

I guess that's why they call them "Bullet Cables"....

Paul Gilbert also swears by them.

Archived