Gibson Brands Forums

funnest music to play

ninety1vee

Blues...

I play metal because I like it but I have to admit, it's more fun to listen to it... (that's why I will not go on tour with my band... the CD will be released for sale and that's it... unless of course there is lots of money involved, but what are the odds?).

You want to have fun? Play blues. Or as jesse said, rock-a-billy...

Depends upon the occasion. I remember gigs in the SF Bay area in the early 70's, where we were asked to play stuff ranging from Irish ballads to polkas to 60's hippie folk music. And they were a blast. That was a 3-piece oldies-but-goodies group, but we obviously covered a lot more ground than that.

If I'm jammin' with buds or just noodlin' by myself I'm into Blues and classic Rock much of the time, with an occasional foray off into something different just for grins and giggles.

Doesn't look like you'd have to look very far to find a Blues band anywhere you are; does it?

Fun is in the mind of the person.

For me fun can mean playing something that is a bit of a challenge - in that case I'd pick jazz which can also be open to a lot of fun improv work. On the other hand playing something that you may not have to think about much and jam a lot can be fun too - such is the case with blues.

I've not voted yet because I'm torn between those two.

I'd have to go with blues for the fun factor.

It takes less practice to play, and there are near endless improvisational opps.

If you have a buddy that can play a decent chord progression, you can jam and they'll feel like takin' the show on the road.

Archived