Gibson Brands Forums

Homeless Brother - Don McClean Cover

flatbaroque

Love the emotion in the voice - you've gotta find a backing band, I think you'd love it for songs like this - I could hear the drums and a bit of violin already. Nice song, nice post. I too need to expand my Don M. collection - never heard this one before.

Thanks a lot lads.This is like my open mic outlet here.So it's nice to get some applause and not boos...Dan I haven't played with any band for a long while but when I was on holiday in Tokyo a couple of years ago I went to a sort of guitar karioke bar.There are decent guitars and a house drummer, bassist and mandolin player

.So you pay a few bucks and get to play and sing a few songs with the house backing band- who pick up stuff pretty much straight away.It was fun.I was the only non Japanese person there.So I could mangle my lyrics and noone was the wiser.I got shouted plenty of free sakes.

Love the emotion in the voice - you've gotta find a backing band, I think you'd love it for songs like this - I could hear the drums and a bit of violin already. Nice song, nice post. I too need to expand my Don M. collection - never heard this one before.

Dan, Dan, Dan, A violin ??? I hear a fiddle ! I think ya have to wear a tux to play a violin eusa_dance.gif

Archived