Gibson Brands Forums

I've been interested in P90's lately

feldkeen4

So, I spent some time playing at GC. I was interested in more of a entry level P90 guitar. So, I tried lower end models. I loved the feel of the Cheap a$$ Chinese Fender Modern Player Jaguar. It is comparable to a P90 Epiphone SG with a bolt on neck.

The Jag has a 24" scale bolt on neck with a rosewood fretboard, a mahogany body, adjusto-matic bridge, and MP90's (a real Gibson want-to-be so I chose this forum). I'm very used to the fender necks and personally I like the 24" scale. I also, like the offset body style since, I only play sitting down.

I'm sure you get what you pay for in a cheap guitar. Has anyone tried one of these? There is some positive video reviews.

So, I spent some time playing at GC. I was interested in more of a entry level P90 guitar. So, I tried lower end models. I loved the feel of the Cheap a$$ Chinese Fender Modern Player Jaguar. It is comparable to a P90 Epiphone SG with a bolt on neck.

The Jag has a 24" scale bolt on neck with a rosewood fretboard, a mahogany body, adjusto-matic bridge, and MP90's (a real Gibson want-to-be so I chose this forum). I'm very used to the fender necks and personally I like the 24" scale. I also, like the offset body style since, I only play sitting down.

I'm sure you get what you pay for in a cheap guitar. Has anyone tried one of these? There is some positive video reviews.

No, but I own one of these. If you want an all around kick a$$ high qualtiy low price P90 guitar, look no further. Not endorsing MF, just the guitar. It flat rocks!

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=69&t=89528&qpid=1227990

No, but I own one of these. If you want an all around kick a$$ high qualtiy low price P90 guitar, look no further. Not endorsing MF, just the guitar. It flat rocks!

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=69&t=89528&qpid=1227990

Your link isn't right. I'm curious what kick a$$ p90 guitar you recommend

Your link isn't right. I'm curious what kick a$$ p90 guitar you recommend

He might be refering to the Epi Wildcat in the avatar pic, which in another thread he talks about having just installed Lollar (or Fralin?) P-90's to good effect.

If you are buying a CHEAP guitar, you can take a note from him and forget about how good the pups are in the guitar and simply use it to put in some GOOD pups.

P-90's seem to change or sound different in different guitars...as in installing one in a solid body or a hollow body can change the tone of a particular P-90 more than one would expect.

I can't comment on the particular Fender, and I would'nt pretent to know what a hog bodied Fender sounds like. But I would guess that if the accoustic tone of it doesn't suck, it might sound real good with some good P-90's.

Gibson, Fralin, and Lollar are supposed to be good pups, particularly the P-90's they make. I have not tried the Lollars, but the Gibson and Fralin's are both great pups, and much better than a lot of cheaper versions.

I have played one of these as my bother in law has one... Its pretty good for the money... Yes it is a bit cheap but it does everything you want...

As for P-90s I love them.. I have a DC Faded a 60s Tribute and a Firebird Studio all with P-90s.. They are great for bluesy rock sounds.. [thumbup]

Heres a review of the Jaguar

He might be refering to the Epi Wildcat in the avatar pic, which in another thread he talks about having just installed Lollar (or Fralin?) P-90's to good effect.

Yep, it's the Wildkat. Sorry about the bad link.

Archived