Gibson Brands Forums

Check out this delay pedal I made

Dub-T-123

photo-2339.jpg

photo-874.jpg

The clip is quick n dirty for sure, I'll upload something better later.

Anyways, I'm thinking of making a small run of 10 or 15 of these to kick off a little pedal peddling bidness.

The switch on the left gives you infinite repeats when you hold it down do you can send it in to oscillation easily while you're playing. It's really fun and cool sounding.

The delay time goes up to almost 2 seconds and gets really lofi at the longer settings.

I'm thinking of calling it the Dark Cloud Delay. Whatchu guys think?

Mmmmm sounds great! I wondered what that second switch was for. It's got a little lo-fi edge to it in the repeats. I like. Dark Cloud is a cool name. Then again you could just go with Quick n Dirty (like you described your demo). [thumbup]

OMFG!

I ain't into delay pedalss, not really at all. But that thing is seriously cool. It actually SOUNDS like an "echo". It sounds like it has that "degraded" thing to it, but also seems like it has a dgree of "fidelity" or that quality to it that sounds clean and pure.

What is that? is it a BBD thingy with metal film resisters?

OMFG!

I ain't into delay pedalss, not really at all. But that thing is seriously cool. It actually SOUNDS like an "echo". It sounds like it has that "degraded" thing to it, but also seems like it has a dgree of "fidelity" or that quality to it that sounds clean and pure.

What is that? is it a BBD thingy with metal film resisters?

Thanks!

It's a pretty simple delay circuit overall. I didn't design it, I just modified it. It's based around the PT2399 IC which is a digital delay chip. There's an op amp for the mixing section and the rest of the parts are basically to facilitate the chip and filter the repeats.

To me the repeats degrade a lot like a tape echo.

I'm really in love with this circuit so I'll be making more for sure. I have an idea for some graphics on the next ones too.

I have no clue how it is made and what it is made of but I find it sounding like some parts of the WALL (pink Floyd) but a little heavier. Nice, I am really surprized that there are peeps here who can make such things by them selves / at home.

Anyways, I'm thinking of making a small run of 10 or 15 of these to kick off a little pedal peddling bidness.

I'm thinking of calling it the Dark Cloud Delay. Whatchu guys think?

Yes....I'd definitely buy it...trying to think of a name for it with 'Dub' in it...would you consider shipping to UK?

regards!

Thanks everyone!

Yes....I'd definitely buy it...trying to think of a name for it with 'Dub' in it...would you consider shipping to UK?

regards!

Ah that's a good idea! It does sound a lot like the delay you hear in dub songs too.

Yeah I'm always willing to ship internationally! I made this pedal for a guy in Australia (I'm in California).

EVOL I'll demo the feedback switch when I get home from class. Any other requests for demos before I ship this pedal out today?

I guess no one will ever be as excited about your own creations as you are. Probably as it should be. I think it's pretty *****in' though. I hadn't listened to the infinite clip until just now. Had some sweet Tame Impala stuff happening there and then it went into the stratosphere. I might want that sucker up on a stand so I could go tweak crazy with it!

Did you pick a name yet? How about Dub Cloud? What's your $ gonna be. Might have to have one of those AND the El Capistan! [thumbup]

Thanks man! You know how I love Tame Impala :) I need to get their most recent record, I heard one of the songs off of it on the radio last night and it was pretty amazing.

I made this one for $95 shipped, but frankly that wasn't quite worth the amount of work I put into it.I put like $50-60 into it plus about 6+ hours of work. I'll probably sell them for $125 but I'll do cool paintjobs on them to make up for the difference as well. Then again, I'm always willing to hook up the forum buddies ;)

When's your birthday? I'll make you one

Thanks, but my b-day isn't until March, 2014. Maybe for xmas?

btw I owe you an email so we can discuss getting my Small Stone mod'd and if you can build me a Yardbox. Went back and listened to some clips of my last band and I think letting this noise maker go was a mistake.

Xmas it is!

Yeah email me anytime. I'll do theSmall Stone for free if you pay shipping. I dunno if I mentioned but I modded mine and it worked out really well. There's still a VERY slight perceived drop but it's so subtle that it doesn't matter. It works perfectly in my band now and it still has the same sound do I'm happy with it.

I can make a silicon Tonebender like the Yardbox for sure, but have you experienced the bliss of a Ge Bender?

From what I've read they seem to be a mix of Si and Ge and the Ge that they use are the modern production ones. Prescription Electronics doesn't seem to give a lot of info on it though so I'm not sure.

Anyways, it seems to be based on the MKIII ToneBender with the tone control.

I'm sold. The 1st part of the demo before you change the settings does sound real 'dub' to me...ace dub tone!

Seriously, can you add me to the list for one of these please?

Name suggestions - King Dubby (after Jamaica's King Tubby!), the Dubster, the Dubbler...yeah well er [unsure]:-#

Thanks man! You know how I love Tame Impala :) I need to get their most recent record, I heard one of the songs off of it on the radio last night and it was pretty amazing.

Unfortunately I don't think the album will be out until October - though I'm sure some tracks will slip out here and there.

I'll probably sell them for $125 but I'll do cool paintjobs on them to make up for the difference as well. Then again, I'm always willing to hook up the forum buddies ;)

Sounds very reasonable to me! [thumbup]

I'm sold. The 1st part of the demo before you change the settings does sound real 'dub' to me...ace dub tone!

Seriously, can you add me to the list for one of these please?

Name suggestions - King Dubby (after Jamaica's King Tubby!), the Dubster, the Dubbler...yeah well er [unsure]:-#

Yep you'll be first in line. I'll order the parts today or tommorow.

For the name I think I'll stick with Dark Cloud Delay because I've got a pretty cool idea for some graphics incorporating a cloud and raindrops :)

King Dubby and Dubbler are very clever though!

Unfortunately I don't think the album will be out until October - though I'm sure some tracks will slip out here and there.

Maybe it was a little sneak peek or something like they do on this radio station from time to time. I'll definitely be buying the new album either way!

I also heard that they're featured on this awesome Fleetwood Mac tribute album along with the Kills and a bunch or other rad bands I can't remember right now.

Maybe it was a little sneak peek or something like they do on this radio station from time to time. I'll definitely be buying the new album either way!

Well, it is July. About time to be releasing a teaser/single if you are gonna release the album in October.

Archived